Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Big Brother and your Health Care

Here is the short version of what the Government is doing to healthcare and your medical records

With in a year if a doctor wants to see medicare / medicaid they have to buy in to a govt program which requires ALL the patients charts (not just medicare / medicaid) to be uploaded to a govt server so any doctor can see the persons chart. (or anyone with access)

There is also an incentive for the doctors to do this over a 3 year period. $45,000. Where is all this money going to come from for all the doctors who go into the program? yep, taxes...

So lets take our small county say with 25 doctors +. thats well over a million dollars just for our county... We are talking Billions of dollars here folks.

But there is a catch! over the three year period it gets harder to comply with what the government wants and if you don't you have to pay the money back... Yep big surprise there...

If you don't get in the program you can't see medicaid / medicare patients. Which is 30-60% of family and internal medicine doctors practices.

So they bribe and penalize doctors to get them in the program..

So what does this mean to you. The Government now has access to your medical records. ( and hackers) since we know how stuff never gets hacked.

So If a doctor miss diagnoses you, puts it in your record, then up loads it, It's there forever. ooppss sorry your a drug seeker because you where confused when you came in. Yes this does happen...

Do you really want your medical records online? I know I don't. We still don't know what we are going to do as a family practice.

Hopefully when people get wind of it, it will change. Not many doctors even understand what is coming, so the public has no idea.. Now you do..

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 07-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
A bit of moderator input here -- Jason has made a fairly non-political statement. Ways to not kill his thread:
1. Responses need to stay completely nondenominational in terms of personalities & parties. (posts crossing this line will be removed)
2. Don't make this thread a sponge for moderator time.

Thanks in advance for all the level-headedness this will take.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 07-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
okay----so all of you out there with 'aluminitis',
you've been warned!
[CENTER][I]
Old 07-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by az-streamer View Post
okay----so all of you out there with 'aluminitis',
you've been warned!
Do you know what the medical diag code for that is? I want to make sure the doc doesn't put it in mine...
Old 07-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
i believe the code # is: 26.9815386(13) [you can look it up]

also might be listed as: AI/(OH)3 in some transcripts

other fun facts:

AI is the stable form

AI is the un-stable form, most common with aluminitis - and many members of this forum

remember, aluminum is also composed of bauxite; which is sometimes
known to cause bauxitis - pronounced 'box-i-tis';

defined as a 'fear or avoidance of squared off cube-like structures'.

aluminitis and bauxitis are often linked as regards symptoms and treatments

- i'll bet you're sorry you even asked!
[CENTER][I]
Old 07-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #6

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
@purman: Please provide links to reliable supporting evidence for your claims.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 07-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
@purman: Please provide links to reliable supporting evidence for your claims.
My wife is a doctor. we are dealing with it. i will get you some web info. I will just have to find some for the public..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 07-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Hueytown , Alabama
I am probably on the same line of thinking as Purman, and anything else I would have to say would surely close this thread!

"Son, you can do anything you want, as long as you can read".. J.P. Rambin
Old 07-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
QHN (quality Healthcare Network) is the premiss for what is going to happen. Quality Healthcare Network - About Us

CO-REC CO-REC - Colorado Regional Health Information Organization | Health Information Exchange Is a company given grant money to instruct doctors on what is going to happen. Also based here in western colorado there is some info here too.

The big program isn't even set up yet. The program here in western colorado is what it is based on. You can opt out of the one here if you want.

There is only one EMR (electronic medical records) that even talk with the one set up here, and we don't have it. All other EMR are becoming (Meaningful Use) certified

"by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®), an ONC-ATCB, in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments."

So to receive the Money from the government you must have an EMR that is certified by the govt. and will eventually talk to the QHN.

If your confused join the club.

We have been talking with the AAFP (American Academy of family Physicians) they are saying once it goes national you may not get the choice to opt out if you physician is in the program. We can hope we will but who knows. Like I said it is all just coming down the pipe line now.
I just wanted to give you all a heads up. You can choose to believe me or not thats up to you guys. Ask your doctor next time your there. (hopefully he/she knows about it by now)

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 07-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Lyle & Margie

2008 28' International CCD
Lakeside , California
Canoe Stream you have stated:

"Jason has made a fairly non-political statement."

Does this mean, if I were to take exception to any of Jason's statements, I will be dumped?

Lyle

ps What does any of this have to do AS owner ship anyway?.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
LONDON , ON
The post is not about tires, pumps, leaks, locks, fans, beds, frames, polishing, tow vehicles, hitch setup, fresh tanks, black tanks, gray tanks, furnaces, fridges, air conditioners or heat pumps.

Why is it here?
Old 07-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Because this is the off topic forum.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCottage View Post
The post is not about tires, pumps, leaks, locks, fans, beds, frames, polishing, tow vehicles, hitch setup, fresh tanks, black tanks, gray tanks, furnaces, fridges, air conditioners or heat pumps.

Why is it here?
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 07-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #13
bilby05

1962 24' Tradewind
1962 24' Tradewind
Canyon , Texas
Maybe this thread is about things that we think about when we are trying to decide if we can still keep on Airstreaming or not? For me things like price of fuel, inflation of prices for campgrounds, access to reasonably priced healthcare are of importance to me. The evaporation of my retirement plan, whether or not Wal-Mart will be allowed to let customers park on their lots overnight, etc., really don't have much to do with the "mechanics" of my Airstream, but do have an influence on whether or not I get to use it.
cheers, bill b.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:23 PM   #14
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCottage View Post

Why is it here?
"Off Topic Forum".
Old 07-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Maybe we can start a clinic in our airstream and go to all the rallies? then it would be on topic Or is that still off topic

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
Old 07-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by purman View Post
Maybe we can start a clinic in our airstream and go to all the rallies? then it would be on topic Or is that still off topic

It's been done! At one of the two Airstream factory Homecoming Rallies ('05 & '06 as I recall) a urologist had set up an Airstream for prostate cancer screening and was offering free DRE's to any male who wanted to come in.

I don't think she was getting a whole lot of business, though. . .
Old 07-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #17
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
It's been done! At one of the two Airstream factory Homecoming Rallies ('05 & '06 as I recall) a urologist had set up an Airstream for prostate cancer screening and was offering free DRE's to any male who wanted to come in.

I don't think she was getting a whole lot of business, though. . .
I'd probably have prostate exam flashbacks every time I tried to go into our Airstream, after getting an exam in one...
Old 07-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
Maybe some dispassionate, non-political observations from an outsider can qualify?

We Canadians look down across the border and can hardly believe the ceaseless arguements regarding medical care that go on amongst you.

I saw it first hand when I spent 173 days in America with the Argosy this winter.

We've had a single payer universal health care system in this country for 49 years. Every other advanced western democracy in the world has something similar, except for our close neighbors, who are still fighting over it.

Meanwhile, NO Canadian, not a single person, is without health insurance.

The per-capita cost of medical care in the USA is DOUBLE what ours is and ALL of our outcomes are better than yours: life expectency, live child births, on and on....

You really need to get your act together.

Health care in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sergei
Old 07-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Dump This Thread

Mr Canoe,

You ask us to respond with "non-political" comments to a thread that is, by its very nature a political statement. Comments about "big brother", government regulations and taxes makes this a troll.

If we do have an "Off Topic" forum then this should be there (it is) and we should be free to respond in like fashion. I appreciate your desire to keep the discussion civil, but "non-political?"

By the way, our friend to the north summed it up nicely.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
LONDON , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
"Off Topic Forum".
I didn't realize there even was an off-topic forum. Carry on guys.
Closed Thread