Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2007, 07:09 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Anyone near Oriental, NC ?

I have ordered some equipment (epirb) from a company called:

Online Marine, LLC
705 Broad Street, Suite A
P.O. Box 639
Oriental, NC 28571

Customer Service: 1-252-249-1966
Sales: 1-888-933-BOAT (2628)
Email: sales@onlinemarine.com

My order, worth about $550 has not arrived after ten days, and I can get no reply from either of the phone numbers or emails. The tracking system on the website rejects my order number.

Does anyone know if this company actually exists? Any suggestions on my next move? Thanks.
Nick.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:25 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Havelock , North Carolina
Not sure if they exist, I live across the river but have never seen it or heard of it. Sometimes people do this out of their house and its not a retail outlet. You could give Inland Waterway Treasure Company | Oriental, North Carolina a call. They are a marine store right at the public dock and ask if they ever heard of them. Small town and most likely they have if they do exist
nsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:35 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Many thanks, nsteel. The owner of the Inland Waterway Treasure company will chase this company (which he says exists), and call me back. Thanks again, and much karma on its way.
Nick.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Havelock , North Carolina
Happy to help.
Whats Karma?

Phil
nsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Phil, when we want to show appreciation for a good post we can do this by awarding "karma" to that person. If you got to the "user cp" tab at top left of the screen you will find your "user control panel". On that page you will see that I have sent you some karma. The amount sent depends on how much karma the originator has accrued since joining the forum. If you type "karma" into the search box at the top of the screen you will find discussions and details of the scheme. For "karma" , read "good vibes".
Nick.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Nick,
If this does work out. West marine has descent prices on PLBs and EPIRBs. I have a PLB with built in GPS made by ACR. I can tel you it works. When I have my accident in Oct 06. I turned it on and threw it out the window. Yeah I threw it. I did not know if I had cell coverage or not. About 15 minutes later I got a call from on of my sisters. "What did you do?! I got a call from the Air Force!" She was one of my emergency contacts. Got it from West Marine. Built in GPS for just under $600.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Michelle, thanks for the information. The device I ordered is indeed a PLB with GPS (both 406 and 121.5 MHz) made by McMurdo, a British company based near my home in the UK. It's $535 in the USA, and a lot more in the UK. "Go figger", I think is the appropriate expression. My enquiries indicate that OnlineMarine may be in the middle of changing premises, and hence the lack of communication. We shall see. Thanks again.
Nick.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #8
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
There are several organizations that have done tests and the ACR unit performed better.
see EQUIPPED TO SURVIVE (tm) - 406 MHz EPIRB, ELT and PLB Testing
the correct phrase is "Go figure"

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
...unless Nick was quoting me. I tend to spell exclamations in the vernacular too. I googled 'go figger' and there don't appear to be any embarrassing 2nd meanings.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
ummmm.....perhaps I should place the Latin "sic" in parentheses after I make a deliberate light-hearted mis-spelling to emulate the pronunciation of a regional dialect. Or perhaps not.
Thanks for the information on testing the PLB.

Nick.