Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 28' International
Decatur TX , Texas
Angry Airstream, worst mistake

Hi,
I just purchased a 2021 Airstream 28ft International from the original owner (never used). I transferred the warranty, received my card (confirmation). My issue is this, The original owner had a warranty claim already processed (broken closet door with mirror). The dealer that has the part has been helpful (in Missouri), my local dealer has been very helpful (DFW Airstream). Airstream has been non existent. Apparently the dealer in Missouri cannot ship the part to Texas due to Airstream non communication on the entire issue. Many messages have been left, no responses. Airstream customer communication is horrible. This is my 2nd Airstream and will definitely be looking to sell it in the near future. Another fun tidbit, refrigerator does not work, bumper trim is falling off and needs to be re-glued, had to crawl up on the tope and reattach the squirrel cage on the Air Conditioner. Airstream definitely is not worth the money in my opinion. I am taking to the dealer at the end of the month for a thorough go through to see what else is wrong. Anyone else notice Airstreams customer service is non existent as well? Good luck folks.
Mukfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Sorry for your problems. I just bought a 2021 barely used Globetrotter. No huge issues yet. Some things with the compressor fridge. Nova Kool was very helpful resolving the problem even though all the appliance warranties DO NOT TRANSFER to 2nd owner. Hope you get things sorted out. I know it must be frustrating.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:28 PM   #3
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Welcome Aboard...👍

Airstreams can be a bit like fishing....'ya never know if it's 'gonna be a keeper.😂

Maybe the dealer that has the part can send it to you, they submit a claim and get paid for it and you install it, can't be that hard and you'll most likely do a better job.👍
Airstream sent me quite a few parts under warranty.(no dealer in NYS at the time).

Don't expect to get paid for the labor though.

Just got the PM...too bad. Good luck

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 08-24-2021, 02:41 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
Obviously you are frustrated, but your denunciation of Airstream is a bit lacking in details. I had decent luck with getting a short fixed on my second owner Sport at a local RV shop (A-S reimbursed) and problems with the fan on the fridge of my new FC. Do you have a tech contact at Jackson Center? Have you tried using the link A-S frequently posts on this forum?
Remember, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. (Yes, I know, it’s not flies that you want.)
Good luck.
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 04:49 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2021 28' International
Decatur TX , Texas
It is true I am frustrated. Called Ohio and they simply plug me into the same woman (voicemail) who does not return calls. Remember, 2 different dealers are not getting responses as well. I think I am running out of options. I think I ran out of sugar for the flies....
Old 08-24-2021, 04:50 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2021 28' International
Decatur TX , Texas
Thanks, I hope so too
Old 08-24-2021, 05:21 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Sorry to hear about your troubles and the lack of customer support. I can see why you’re frustrated. Airstream is a premium brand, and service should be better. I’ve been lucky with my 2020 International. I haven’t had any real issues.

Good luck getting your Airstream issues resolved.

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:30 PM   #8
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
If buying an AS is the worst mistake you ever made you are doing pretty well.

I've called customer service several times and always got a response. They are usually very helpful. Keep trying. They could be short handed because of covid or there could be other reasons. You could also send an email. They do keep track of emails.

Best wishes! I hope you get it worked out!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:54 AM   #9
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukfolks View Post
Hi,
I just purchased a 2021 Airstream 28ft International from the original owner (never used). I transferred the warranty, received my card (confirmation). My issue is this, The original owner had a warranty claim already processed (broken closet door with mirror). The dealer that has the part has been helpful (in Missouri), my local dealer has been very helpful (DFW Airstream). Airstream has been non existent. Apparently the dealer in Missouri cannot ship the part to Texas due to Airstream non communication on the entire issue. Many messages have been left, no responses. Airstream customer communication is horrible. This is my 2nd Airstream and will definitely be looking to sell it in the near future. Another fun tidbit, refrigerator does not work, bumper trim is falling off and needs to be re-glued, had to crawl up on the tope and reattach the squirrel cage on the Air Conditioner. Airstream definitely is not worth the money in my opinion. I am taking to the dealer at the end of the month for a thorough go through to see what else is wrong. Anyone else notice Airstreams customer service is non existent as well? Good luck folks.
Hi Mukfolks,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can follow up and share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

Thank you.*
Old 08-25-2021, 10:33 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Milford , Delaware
I was told (last week) that Airstream Customer Service is short staffed at this time. They promote from within because the people working there know the Airstream product. Right now they can’t take anyone off the line because of high demand for rigs. It’s an unfortunate conundrum and present owners are paying the price.
MikeSandyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:50 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2021 28' International
Decatur TX , Texas
Thanks for the insight to the staffing issue, I have PM'ed AirstreamInc's previous post and we will see where this leads.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:55 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2021 28' International
Knoxville , Tennessee
I went to JC with a few problems. In at 7:00AM, out by 11:00AM.

Nothing wrong with Airstream, just the sometimes shabby dealer network they've allowed to represent them.
Gibson3798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:10 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2009 34' Panamerica
2005 28' Classic
Still , in the thick of it
Quote:
Thanks for the insight to the staffing issue, I have PM'ed AirstreamInc's previous post and we will see where this leads.
As most will attest, that canned 3rd party response typically yields nothing.

I would call. Don't email, no snail mail, no PMs to that shell Airstream account...call them. Sometimes it simply the only way next to stopping off at their doorstep.

That canned response from that Airstream account is almost a punchline around here.
panamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:35 AM   #14
1 Rivet Member

2021 28' International
Decatur TX , Texas
2021 International 28ft Warranty Claim

That's my major heartburn, I have called, left messages, Dealers have called, no response. Maybe I should just sell the freaking Airstream and buy something else..
Old 08-26-2021, 10:22 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
You may want to consider selling it. You will never get a better sellers market. As it is now, every time you look at it, your blood pressure will rise. Best to move on and find something better.
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:26 AM   #16
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
That's my major heartburn, I have called, left messages, Dealers have called, no response. Maybe I should just sell the freaking Airstream and buy something else..
That's always an options. I'm sure you will find plenty of buyers should you decide to do so! It's great to have choices!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:18 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Grove City , Ohio
Quote:
Just curious... what else would you consider buying? Serious question, not a slam at all.
Larry_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:26 AM   #18
Freedom

2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
When you call Airstream DFW ask for their service manager Jessica. She seems to get things done. At least that has been my experience.
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:45 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Raleigh , North Carolina
We had a mishap on the road with our new 2021 International. There was debris in the road that I couldn't avoid without causing an accident - overall, we were OK but the cap to the sewer hose storage was ripped off and long gone.

I called AS customer service and they put a new one in the mail for me free of charge. This was around June I believe. YMMV.
Old 08-26-2021, 01:05 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

2021 28' International
Decatur TX , Texas
That's a good question. This is our 2nd Airstream, our first was a 2015 Flying Cloud and it had no issues. It's only flaw was that year had some corrosion due to the batch they used when making that year model. It didn't bother me at all. I'm going to take this one to DFW Airstream on the 31st. They are going to go through it and hopefully my problems will be solved. I'm sure I will have to pay for all the things they find but you are correct, there really is not any comparable substitute. Earth Roamer would be nice but out of my price range and its not really apples to apples.