Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
_

. , .
"airstream life" summer 2005 edition is out!

i tried posting this new thread in the community forum/in the news but wasn't able to so i'm putting it in off topic....moderators can clean this up.

hi folks
just back from a week in the tube and the best thing in my "held mail" was the summer 2005 airstream life.

anyone else looked it over yet?

i've got'em all and i think this is the best effort yet.

it really is becoming a polished product, something along the lines of outside magazine which i also read....lots of variety and features, clear consise writing/editing and fun pictures.

even the cover is becoming something special; the effort is appreciated.

it's tough with a quarterly to have much be current but the piece on 06's is timely and the early rendering of the new/classic motorhome is interesting.....i do hope these bmw designers are NOT part of the same bangle group that badly botched the current 5 $ 7 series bmw cars....oh man. and the piece about the new tele show included early enough that we will be about to tune it and watch....good job!

looks like the vendor involvement is increasing with lots of nice new adverts and products....3 pages on a zipdee screen room? wow. the ads really are nicely done....but will they grow in number to dominate the publication?

if the folks from air life are listening.....i'd like to see 2 more editions each year, but not following the same format. one yearly special could be focused on the people, places, rallies and caravans that define airstreamin' with significant attention to the wbbci, the forum events, and a few really special destinations. air life could do for the wb what they cannot do with the blue hat publication....grow wbbci membership by showing what's special about rallies and caravans and the volunteers who make them happen. the second yearly special edition would focus on the products....jc ohio of course, but also tow rigs, hitches, options, upgrades, customization and so on.

so one special edition on people/places and the other on products.....just a suggestion.

i read this summer edition cover to cover while doing my laundry from the last trip....now i'm so psyched that i might just take off again in 2-3 days.....after i mow the lawn.

cheers
2air
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:42 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
It's great!

Got mine yesterday:

I really like the "Great Ideas" article. 5 out of the 9 ideas were provided by members of my WBCCI unit. Cool!

Plus "Rivet Bits", I'll be sure to tune into DIY for this Classic Rides series.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #3
LEV ZEPPELIN

2004 19' International CCD
Chicago , Illinois
I got mine last Friday. Another beautiful issue!!! Great work, and a bunch of contributors are from this forum.

Looking forward to the next issue.

Thanks.

Jonathan
Old 07-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Indiana
Wink Great Job!

All,

My copy of Airstream Life was in my mail box at work this morning. I was excited and had to preview its contents even though I am at work. I really enjoy all of the contents a lot. However, there were two standout articles to me. First, I really liked page 4-5 where you can meet the “Airstream Life Team”. Second, I am always interested in new product development. Thus the article on page 26 “Sneak Peeks Into 2006 and Beyond” was also previewed (ok I read it) and thoroughly enjoyed.

This magazine is getting better and better (I have several past issues) and it is pleasing to see the growth. I had the opportunity to meet Rich Luhr and his wonderful family during the Airstream Homecoming event this year. Brett Greiveldinger was also in attendance and a pleasure to chat with (I wish we could have had a little longer to talk). Additionally I also met Carol Baidinger and Fred Coldwell (Airstream Life Team Members). In summary I can say that all of these individuals are excellent folks and I feel that excellent folks make an excellent product, these folks have provided one of, if not, my favorite magazine in print.

Keep up the GREAT work!

Regards,

Henry
axleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:47 AM   #5
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
yeah, that DIY program looks like it'll be great. only one problem........I don't get DIY network!!

hope someone can tape it for me.....
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:01 AM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Yes, we're listening!

2air, thanks for all your great comments. We all really do appreciate the kind words and the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
looks like the vendor involvement is increasing with lots of nice new adverts and products....3 pages on a zipdee screen room? wow. the ads really are nicely done....but will they grow in number to dominate the publication?
That's a reasonable question. We are getting more advertisers -- which is critical to the magazine's long-term success, and you will see more ads going forward. Personally, I think the ads increase the value of the magazine because they introduce many vendors you never heard about online.

But even if you hate ads, I have some excellent news: with the Fall 2005 issue, the magazine is going to 80 pages. That will more than compensate for the new ads, giving you more magazine for the buck overall!

We've also got another little surprise coming with the Fall issue. But I'll let you discover that on your own when it comes out.

Quote:
if the folks from air life are listening.....i'd like to see 2 more editions each year, but not following the same format. ... one special edition on people/places and the other on products.....just a suggestion.
I love this idea. We would be thrilled to provide it, too, but right now it's all we can do to get four issues out per year. Still, I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Quote:
i read this summer edition cover to cover while doing my laundry from the last trip....now i'm so psyched that i might just take off again in 2-3 days.....after i mow the lawn.
That's what it's all about! See you on the road!

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:34 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by rluhr
...We've also got another little surprise coming with the Fall issue...
The price is going up?

I'M KIDDING, RICH!

My copy just came the other day, and have enjoyed it tremendously so far. I rather like a certain amount of advertising because it puts options in the back of my mind for when the need arises. In fact, I was able to recommend the Hughes Autoformer in another thread because of their advertising in another publication.

Don't tell Edie, but I will not let my wife, who is a crossword fan, work her puzzles because I don't want anyone writing in my magazine. True love is one thing, but... I see a Xerox machine in my future.

Keep up the great work, and rattle the Daffynitions Master's cage when you get a chance, and see if he has another list ready.

Tom
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #8
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Can't wait to see the new issue.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:37 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Winterville , North Carolina
Just recieved our copy today and can not put it down. Looking forward to the DIY program...should really be interesting. The picture on page 57 reminded me of Hunters trailer, just not as nice and homey feeling as hers was. They should get her to help out with interior design. I just wish this was a monthly magazine.
Air#5766 / TAC#NC-5 / WBCCI#2167 / TCT
ford8n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:14 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

We got ours last week and i have gone through and through it. Loved it
early is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:43 AM   #11
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Airstream Life

Haven't got mine yet. When is the DIY program? I don't want to miss it! I'll also be checking my mailbox daily for my copy of Airstream Life!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:51 AM   #12
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
Kathy,
There is a multi-episode program airing on DIY this fall which covers the restoration of a Airstream trailer. From the article it looks like it'll be a great program.
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:21 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
I got my subscription renewed late...07-14-2005....so now I go to the mail box daily anticipating the arrival of the Summer 2005 issue.....I sure am glad it will come plastic shucked so the mail carrier doesn't get to read it first....haha

AIR # 410
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Abernathy , Texas
I got it in the mail today.
Looks like another great issue!

AIR # 410
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dsphotoscapes
dscluchfc is offline   Reply With Quote