Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-29-2020, 04:26 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Airstream Life: Living the Good Life

Rich Luhr, Associates and Contributors do a wonderful job with their magazine Airstream Life- The official Airstream lifestyle Magazine. www.airstreamlife.com

The magazine is not only supported by Airforum members, like yourself... but Airstream Dealers across the USA and Canada.

My Spring 2020 was in the mailbox today. Sixtyfour pages of well illustrated articles, color photographs and best of all Classified Advertisements supporting the magazine.

Also support those Dealers and Manufacturers who support Airstream Life.

These well written articles are directed towards each of YOU. Subscribe. After several issues, you will become Airstream Smart.

This Spring 2020 issue contains these and other feature articles on: E-Biking. 1948 Wee Wind. Airbnb Airstreams. Airstream Food menus for on the road. ...and under Rivet Bit- Make Main Street Shine: Add 101 Airstreams at Logan, Ohio.

The BEST Point to be made: You do not even have to be the owner of an Airstream. Support Airstream Life. Delivered in the mail and keep them for references.

Please. If you are a current subscriber, thank this wonderful group of dedicated individuals. What have you enjoyed, yourself, within a previous issue. It just makes all of us SHINE.
Old 02-29-2020, 04:42 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Clayton , Georgia
I second what Ray wrote above. The latest issue of Airstream Life was excellent - Rich Luhr's best yet IMHO.

I've joked with Rich in the past that I didn't have much use for articles about people who repurpose our beloved Airstreams into food trucks, but as long as those articles are balanced with useful or interesting ones about historic Airstreams, things to do while camping, and experiences at rallies or caravans I can still love the magazine.

We've been subscribers for about two years now and look forward to every issue. Thanks Rich!
TV: 2017 Ford F250 Lariat w/ Blue Ox Sway Pro
AIRForums #126944 WBCCI #1297
Baby Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:00 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Good to see a post from you again Ray. We are going to be in the West again this summer. WBCCI rally in Loveland first and then a wedding in San Fran. We hope to doodle around in Wyoming along the way.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheart View Post
Good to see a post from you again Ray. We are going to be in the West again this summer. WBCCI rally in Loveland first and then a wedding in San Fran. We hope to doodle around in Wyoming along the way.
I am no longer posting on Wyoming Adventures or anything involving chipmunks or saving horse flies. No longer posting. People can find Wyoming on a map on their own.

You know where we may be found fly fishing. I will be the one with waders and will leave your 'flotsam foamy area' for you and the wife.

I think when you purchase a new Airstream a complimentary copy of Airstream Life is sent to the new owner. For most Airstreamers... it is excellent. I am a member of the Bush People and do not quite fit into the moment. A kind of S*%t Kicker and Free Flowing with common cents and dimes in a new Airstream and F350.

Add some western attitude and a hat... a trip will get interesting. Especially when some say... 'Hey... I ain't going up that road. You gotta be crazy." ... you got that right on all counts. Although... you and Thalweg managed to get there. Obviously got OUT, as well.

Buying a gizmo from an ad to roast a marshmello, would be like me wearing a suit while fly fishing the Yellowstone River, at Flood stage. Although... if the fish are jumping... I just might reconsider, sans the suit.

Mandolin... got that right. We had one from Nancy's family from Germany. Sold it and bought something I knew how to use. You could not play... Dueling Banjos entirely. Was I bummed.

Enjoy the company at that Airstream Rally in Colorado. Some nice folk. They know that 'secret' spot as well... but if you do not have a pole, you cannot do much fishing.

Rich Luhr and I had some discussions back in the early 2000's, kind of thing. My style of playing words like your Mandolin was a bit out of 'tune' with the staff and my photos are NOT... photo shopped. I look that way naturally...
Old 03-04-2020, 01:20 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Flotsam and Foamy Area IS A Fly Fishing location!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheart View Post
"You know where we may be found fly fishing. I will be the one with waders and will leave your 'flotsam foamy area' for you and the wife." (Gearheart)

Since only ONE 2016 Wyoming Adventure fly fished the Grey's River and that was Gearheart, I had better explain. Someone not familiar might not understand:

The 'Flotsam Foamy Area' is where Gearheart pulled all of this Trout from. This is where all this foam and debris is spinning in an area just off the side of the river flow. The trout linger as the food comes... to them.

Well... it did, but it was the Hand Tied Fly connected to his ROD. The Gearhearts then fried trout and we all eat fresh trout that day.

I have two of his flies. Gearheart knew what I meant. Someone else might think of it as Code Words for a Mandolin Song.

This would have made a great article for Airstream Life... someone actually enjoying themselves. Gearheart said they went again to the same spot.

'Flotsam and Jetsam' is the correct term if anyone is curious.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2024 23' International
South of Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Eklund View Post
Rich Luhr, Associates and Contributors do a wonderful job with their magazine Airstream Life- The official Airstream lifestyle Magazine. www.airstreamlife.com

The magazine is not only supported by Airforum members, like yourself... but Airstream Dealers across the USA and Canada.

My Spring 2020 was in the mailbox today. Sixtyfour pages of well illustrated articles, color photographs and best of all Classified Advertisements supporting the magazine.

Also support those Dealers and Manufacturers who support Airstream Life.

These well written articles are directed towards each of YOU. Subscribe. After several issues, you will become Airstream Smart.

This Spring 2020 issue contains these and other feature articles on: E-Biking. 1948 Wee Wind. Airbnb Airstreams. Airstream Food menus for on the road. ...and under Rivet Bit- Make Main Street Shine: Add 101 Airstreams at Logan, Ohio.

The BEST Point to be made: You do not even have to be the owner of an Airstream. Support Airstream Life. Delivered in the mail and keep them for references.

Please. If you are a current subscriber, thank this wonderful group of dedicated individuals. What have you enjoyed, yourself, within a previous issue. It just makes all of us SHINE.
There's a .ORG version too.
JJTX is offline   Reply With Quote