Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2004, 01:10 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Hands FREE...

Hi Toaster....
I got myself a NEW HANDS FREE KIT 2 day, 4 My Mobile..it's a BIG elastic Band, & it goes right My HEAD, & keeps My Fone in place 2....Cool don't U fink...LMAO....I Tell the Kids, 33, 31, 29, 27, abt the days B4...VIDEO, CD's, DVD's, Microwaves, Colour TV's, ANY TV's, MOBILES....& they fink I'm KIDDIN 'EM....Try tellin 'em a bag of Fries only cost a TANNER back in '63....& they L@@K at Me like I ALIEN...My yngst D/D Lisa, finks I taught NOAH 2 DRIVE....lol....& that's how come Greece aint finished yet, 'cos I spent 2 much time on My FONE, instead of WORKIN...She's one cool cookie is that Girl of Mine, real smart...& Cute 2...Bless Her, I jus WISH She WOULD Believe ME....tho I'm a '53er...+ a few hundred Years...or so, She taught ME how 2 TXT....LOL....but what chance have I got, with this DYSLEXIC FINGER of Mine...SIGH....It WAS only LAST WEEK that I found OUT I been worshippin SATAN, ALL these Years Finkin He was SANTA....No wonder I nvr got any Xmas prezzies....LOL....Take Care now...Chris.....
Old 08-18-2004, 01:25 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

I didn't think anyone remembered pay phones or phonebooths either. You don't see 'em amymore. What would superman do now? luke
luke warm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:04 AM   #23
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Hi Luke...

Say Luke....
I don't suppose U heard abt those MICROWAVE BEDS..., U get 8 hrs SLEEP in 5 minutes....if U shop at Wally World...would U B kind enough 2 let Me kn the cost of the Double De-Lux Model....a Green one would B nice...LOL...We STILL have the lttl RED fone boxes over here....there is a firm that actualy SELLS them, folk use them as SHOWER CUBICLES...so if U realy wished..U could become Yr OWN SUPERMAN...with Yr OWN FONE BOX...& go save ALL the Airstreams from Extinction....LOL....
Have A great evening ...Chris.....
Old 08-19-2004, 11:47 AM   #24
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
**cell Phones**

Cell phones do distract while driving. I don't like to use them while I’m driving. I believe people think "well I can coordinate a conversation and drive" but it's too risky! (IMHO).

I think the good outweighs the bad as far as having one though; I don't like being tied to one but I think the convenience is far better. At least I know where the off button is located.

I also have a pet peeve with how small they are getting. I have a tendency to yell into them where they are so small.

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:03 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
Our house is aluminum sticks and aluminum wrapped (kind of like a big airstream!) Nothing cellular works in it. We all have cell phones and it drives the kids crazy that the fossil parents always A. forget to have a phone with them or B. it isn't charged. I don't know why I keep paying on the bills. However my college son's cell phone is a joy as it is the ONLY way I have of getting in touch with him, even if it's leaving a message. Both kids know to call the regular home phone which I always answer. Even my dog has a phone of her own- a pawprint 911 alert phone- now if I could get her to stop pressing it whenever she wants a treat!!!!! We're working on that before it's officially hooked up. silver suz
silver suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:32 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Griffin , Georgia
59toaster,
if your on I-75 or Ga-400 during the times you are on the road you should be able to talk freely as you are probally stopped in traffic.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:00 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMullen
I'm so completly happy that I do not have a TV or a radio or a cell phone and I only have a computer for 6 months out of a year. The bad thing is that I still will only be able to read a couple thousand more good books even if I live to be 85.
Well I haven't gone to the extreme and left behind all modern forms of communication. At the very least I would always have a radio around to listen to weather reports if nothing else. Now TV I probably wouldn't miss all that much since it has been forever since I have seen any type of quality show, That's not counting reruns.
As far as the cell phone goes, I guess as a business consultant I am expected to have one, but it does have one great thing - Voice Mail. This helps me because I never carry it into a meeting. I think it is a very rude pratice to answer your cell phone when your right in the middle of discussing an issue the client has just to say that you are with a client and will return their call later..........

John G
System: Jordon 2020 Ultima Brake Controller
Hook-Up: Equalizing Hitch and Sway Bar
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote