Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2015, 03:42 AM   #1001
Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
MIDDLE ENGLAND , The Cottage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
I'm still assessing her re-entry to our home, as we are at less than 48 hours......she didn't eat yesterday, has eaten today, otherwise seems good.

She doesn't have that kind of sad and bewildered look on her face that she did last time, I have noticed.....so that is an improvement and may reflect an improved re entry, overall.

My son said she didn't eat as well as she usually does, this 12 days they had her. Not at all for a couple of days, then not her entire 2 1/4 cups on any day. Has to be a bit confusing for her, although she loves them and they her.
She has slept all night at my feet in my bed these past two nights....not her usual back and forth between the couch or under the bed.
I'm sure she is less comfortable at the foot of the bed, as not as much room for her to stretch out....I know that I certainly am less comfortable. ....but she needs to be close, and that is okay.
I would have to say, at this point, that she seems to be doing better, Bud, so the pack walk has likely helped. . I will do that each time, now.
Maggie

Re-entry .. funny ..
if only non humans could talk ..
Muffin went DooLally when we picked him up from the Parrot Hotel ..
he was so excited .. even now .. when we take him out in the car
he goes through his repertoire as if to say .. don't take me back ..
Id like tiny designer dog .. small enough to carry and big enough to not step on .. but scared to take on responsibility after crumpet died .. Hans and I are pleased you returned safely .. Greece and back from USA is no easy matter x
TinCrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:47 AM   #1002
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Lili.

If I am going to do Spain and Italy at some point, going to have to figure a way to cut down the travel time home. It wears on a person.

But, I don't need to think about that right now. Getting my sleep schedule back to normal is enough of a goal for now.

It was a lovely trip....beautiful country, kind and friendly people.

Waiting now on my box to arrive.....need to figure out where to enter that tracking number.

Maggie
Old 10-14-2015, 08:47 AM   #1003
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
TinCrumpet, because you participate in Maggie's thread it should also be in your subscribed tab.

You can hit subscribed and follow a thread without posting to it.

You can respond or participate in a thread and it automatically becomes something you subscribed to.

You can respond to a thread and then unsubscribe if you don't wish for it go be one of your regularly subscribed threads.

Hope that helps, sorry for being a busy body, should have pm'd this instead of detouring Maggie's thread.

Back to the regular program.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:50 AM   #1004
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
That is quite all right.

Maggie
Old 10-14-2015, 09:23 AM   #1005
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
How much is a ticket for Lily?
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #1006
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
You're so funny.

She would have to be sedated and travel in the cargo hold.....I would never do that to her.

I really, really, missed her, tho. She is now my near constant companion, I talk to her and love on her......no one for give and take of affection, and it was hard.

She is such a sweet dog, and I love her lots.

Maggie
Old 10-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #1007
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Hi Maggie, Lili... Oh!! and Lily too... hahaha... I keep Maggie's thread in my "favorites" so I can just hit it when I'm on line... scrolling thru the "new posts" I sometimes can't seem to locate what I'm looking for??? page after page... maybe just me... glad you're getting back to normal there Maggie... and no, England is not on the imaginary list... it's a for sure thing... hugs and love around, gail... Gracie's a designer dog.. Maltese, 7 lbs, perfect fit for me...
Old 10-14-2015, 05:45 PM   #1008
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Gail!

I have cookie dough mixed and in the frig to bake in the am....Molasses Crinkles...a favorite. And, with molasses in them, so some positive nutritive value.

Also have the dry ingredients together to try a pumpkin yeast bread recipe I came across. Has chopped nuts in it, none of the usual spices, the pumpkin and a little buttermilk provide the liquid for the loaf. Sounds good, and pumpkin is so good for you.....the rally group will eat it up, I am sure.

I'll post the recipe if it's good.

It is nearly 7 pm, and I am not yet falling asleep.

Maggie
Old 10-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #1009
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Hi Gail!

I have cookie dough mixed and in the frig to bake in the am....Molasses Crinkles...a favorite. And, with molasses in them, so some positive nutritive value.

Also have the dry ingredients together to try a pumpkin yeast bread recipe I came across. Has chopped nuts in it, none of the usual spices, the pumpkin and a little buttermilk provide the liquid for the loaf. Sounds good, and pumpkin is so good for you.....the rally group will eat it up, I am sure.

I'll post the recipe if it's good.

It is nearly 7 pm, and I am not yet falling asleep.

Maggie
Maggie,

The trip to Greece was just what I needed. I love how you planned so many excursions and even the cooking class. I wouldn't have thought to do that in advance. I seem to do better deciding to do things based upon how I feel at the time. Of course most of the time I'm having to consider what someone else might want to do as well. I'm sure you'll adjust to the current time soon. Just hope you do before the rally, so you can enjoy seeing everyone. The pumpkin bread sounds like something I'd like to try. Hope it comes out good.

Carol

P.S. Lili, you can also do what I do, and have the daily digest of a thread come to your email. I can read everything from my inbox, but if I want to comment I have to sign into the forums.
tallytwo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:59 PM   #1010
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Enjoyed traveling with you Maggie. I was fortunate to spend a few days in Athens and vicinity on a business trip several years ago. We had only a day or so to see the sights but got to some of the main ones, The Acropolis, etc.

Gald you had a good trip and welcome home.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 03:36 AM   #1011
Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
TinCrumpet, because you participate in Maggie's thread it should also be in your subscribed tab.
You can hit subscribed and follow a thread without posting to it.
You can respond or participate in a thread and it automatically becomes something you subscribed to.
You can respond to a thread and then unsubscribe if you don't wish for it go be one of your regularly subscribed threads.
Hope that helps, sorry for being a busy body, should have pm'd this instead of detouring Maggie's thread.
Back to the regular program.
Good Morning .. I do receive emails when Maggies Thread is updated but because my emails were hacked few months ago .. i tend to delete all immediately apart from friends or relatives .. I shall have to stop that habit and hang onto one from Forums update to be able to click back onto the link ..
That should solve my problem ..
I made enquires about a Chapel for sale and within days my phone is ringing constantly with 0800 numbers ..
wish i were cleverer than I am with technology to avoid all this nonsense ..
its an age thing ..
Old 10-15-2015, 03:38 AM   #1012
Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallytwo1994 View Post
Maggie,

The trip to Greece was just what I needed. I love how you planned so many excursions and even the cooking class. I wouldn't have thought to do that in advance. I seem to do better deciding to do things based upon how I feel at the time. Of course most of the time I'm having to consider what someone else might want to do as well. I'm sure you'll adjust to the current time soon. Just hope you do before the rally, so you can enjoy seeing everyone. The pumpkin bread sounds like something I'd like to try. Hope it comes out good.

Carol
P.S. Lili, you can also do what I do, and have the daily digest of a thread come to your email. I can read everything from my inbox, but if I want to comment I have to sign into the forums.
Hi Carol .. Yes I shall do that in future .. hope you are well ..
keep in touch xx
Old 10-15-2015, 03:44 AM   #1013
Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR1 View Post
Hi Maggie, Lili... Oh!! and Lily too... hahaha... I keep Maggie's thread in my "favorites" so I can just hit it when I'm on line... scrolling thru the "new posts" I sometimes can't seem to locate what I'm looking for??? page after page... maybe just me... glad you're getting back to normal there Maggie... and no, England is not on the imaginary list... it's a for sure thing... hugs and love around, gail... Gracie's a designer dog.. Maltese, 7 lbs, perfect fit for me...
Gail .. one things for sure ..
England .. you can travel one end to tother in a day
USA .. A State ..
Old 10-15-2015, 03:51 AM   #1014
Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
Quote:
I can imagine England, Lili.

If you click on the "new posts" tab, Lili, that will take you thru any posts since you were last on the Forums.
Fatigue got the best of me yesterday, tears and all, but today is another day.
Going to ready to rally today....mix some cookie dough to bake in the am, gather clothing and supplies, tidy the Interstate, etc....so that tomorrow we can go.

Maggie
No need to imagine .. Sugar Puffs Monster Trip ..
Europe .. England ..
I can bore you rigid with Stately Homes stuff and nonsense ..

.. oh Gail .. when we were overloaded at the Airport ..
frantically throwing out knickers and vets and finally the tools to shed 30 lbs ..
I found the John Bunyan DVD I bought for you to go with the book ..
what a twerp ..
Old 10-15-2015, 04:31 AM   #1015
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Carol.

I was using up frequent flier miles, and booked everything thru AA vacations, it worked out very well.

I just picked what I wanted, on the days I wanted, spacing things out so I had free time to explore Athens. They had all kinds of things to choose from.

I got to see most everything I wanted, tho ditched the cooking class as I was just too tired.....the lunch class starting at 5:30 pm.

I slept til just a bit ago, so seem to be getting back into things here. That is good.

Going to drink my coffee, start some bread, bake some cookies....sounds like a rally weekend.

We are going to have near perfect weather......campfires, marshmallows, hot whiskey. Mmmmmm.

Maggie
Old 10-15-2015, 04:37 AM   #1016
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Lili,

I have my answering machine pick up on the second ring, which screens out all those solicitation calls.....they disconnect when the answering machine picks up.

I then pick up if it is a legitimate call.

Works well, and none of those extra costs.

Maggie
Old 10-15-2015, 08:27 AM   #1017
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I have got the sweetest mail ladies ever.

My regular lady knew I was leaving today for a few days..I always let them know if the mail is going to pile up, as they would worry.... so when my box I mailed from Greece last week showed up there overnight, she made a special run by my house a little bit ago so I would have it before I left...hours before she would usually be here. What a sweetie.

My regular and the regular sub both sent me sympathy cards after Doug died, as did the long time regular who had moved to Colorado 6 months or so before that. They had contacted her to let her know.

So, now I have my box of Greece things for family and a few close friends, and I am so excited!

I did buy a couple of things for myself....the beautiful sterling ring, and two unusual and pretty cotton tops..at very good prices, and made in Greece,

I'm like a little kid at Christmas.

Maggie
Old 10-16-2015, 03:33 AM   #1018
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Lily loves to go bye-bye in the Interstate. She sits at the front door, tail a-twitching, til the last trip out, then makes a beeline for the cargo door and assumes her position as co-pilot....where are we going?....who are we going to see?.....did I hear you mention Duncan, my bestest yellow lab buddy???.....I am so ready!!!. Such a sweetie.

Indulged in a trip through the Blue Beacon truck wash before heading to the park.....they do such a nice job, roof and all, with these extra long, angled wands.... with a coat of RainX....for the bargain price of $26.50. Minus the RainX, $18.00. What's not to love.

Big rigs were lined up 6 deep when I got there, so there was a bit of a wait, but it was worth it. This one has vacuums at the first waiting position, truckers cleaning their rigs on the inside while waiting their turn in the wash bays,

Then.....picked up lunch at Culver's. Yum.

We got ourselves settled in at Moraine View by 1pm or so yesterday....two Airstreams came in Wednesday, another early yesterday morning, so I was not the first....but the fourth here.

Now at 7, with a couple more due, this will be a much smaller group than the June rally, but we think we need to do a second rally at this time every year.

Trees are blazing color around the lake, temps are cool...it is beautiful.

Such a great group of folks, too. Always good to see them, and you pick up right where you left off. Nice.

My sleep cycle finally seems to have got itself settled in, and I was actually up til 9pm last night. Would have slept later this am, I am sure, would little dog have not felt an urgent need to go outside about 3:30 am.

It's okay. Drinking my coffee, and will get a fire started once it is light.

I'll get some pictures after a bit.

Going to be a great weekend.

Maggie
Old 10-16-2015, 06:11 AM   #1019
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I am nearly always the first one up.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	447.8 KB
ID:	250470  
Old 10-16-2015, 06:14 AM   #1020
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Lots and lots of geese here.....and a heron flying low.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	250472