Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #1221
Rivet Master

Snow here this evening...again, just not as much as last week is projected.overnight low of 10-12*! Burrrr! 2 dog night!
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #1222
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I like the Dr, Oz show....most of the time ...and try to watch it when I am home.

He had T.D. Jakes on there today, who I have only caught glimpses of here and there.....being spiritual but not into the organized part of what this man stands for.

He resonates...cuts right to the core and heart of things.."gets it", we we say, and can articulate it. I am going to have to read some of his writings, and can tell I am going to be a fan....even tho I am not where he is and don't expect ever to be. I like his words.

One of the things he said today was "you don't have to feel it, just do it"....I so get that, totally and completely. Get up, do, go, one foot ahead of the other, is the only way out and up.

I found some other quotes of his, and really like this one....

Maggie
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #1223
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And this one...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	252559  
Old 11-20-2015, 05:15 PM   #1224
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This one, too...
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	180
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	252561  
Old 11-20-2015, 05:17 PM   #1225
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Last one...
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	125
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	252562  
Old 11-21-2015, 06:57 AM   #1226
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And today....we have snow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	442.1 KB
ID:	252590  
Old 11-21-2015, 09:38 AM   #1227
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Love it Maggie

Great photo....now for a saying

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

Martin Luther King, Jr
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:09 AM   #1228
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good one, Tommie. I love it.

Such a crazy world we are living in. Where will it all end.

Snow is still coming down, fast and wet....snowball snow, we would call it. The grands are likely out playing in it.

Me...I don't intend to leave the house.

Knowing it was going to snow today, and be down to 10 degrees or so tonight , I cut down all of my fresh rosemary from the garden, stripped it from its stalks, and have it drying on a couple of paper plates.

Pulled out a flower bowl I have had since who knows when, and am going to fill it with those rosemary leaves and set it out to add fragrance to the little house.

After Thanksgiving, will find a few tiny red balls of some sort to tuck in there and add some Christmas color....hmmmm?

No fresh trees for me these days, but I love the smell of fresh pine....and this is almost as good.

Bit my lip this morning and got into the CD travel case that Doug loaded up almost 2 years ago, as we got ready to head south for the last time together.

Tunes are on the stereo, and it hasn't been as hard yet as I feared....tho I have started with favorites of mine, rather than his, so we'll see how the day goes.

It's time.

Maggie
Old 11-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #1229
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Formerly Napa , On the road
Hope it is a great day!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 11:19 AM   #1230
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Vince!

Willie has brought a few tears...Doug put that CD in as we headed out on every trip, and it has been played so much I believe this is the 3rd Greatest Hits.

Ahhh, well. Good to have the memories. The soundtrack of our lives.

I have a mix tape he did for me in our early days together....that one will wait awhile.

It is snowing and blowing and going to get cold enough my car may freeze up by morning.

A good day to be inside, looking out.

Maggie
Old 11-21-2015, 11:27 AM   #1231
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Good for you Maggie with the CD's!!! it ain't easy... I had frost on the ground this morning, but tons of brilliant sunshine... I was whining about the frost... however, since hearing the weather of some of you other A/Ser's... I will hush up... I think it's about 40 out there now... sunny and beautiful... Everyone, keep having fun!!!! Hugs and love to all of you!!
Old 11-21-2015, 12:29 PM   #1232
Rivet Master

Maggie, it's good that you have Doug's CDs, and are beginning to play them. All things....in your own time.....can't be rushed. You'll manage each step, as your heart is ready. Bless you.

Lovely pic of your snow...inside looking out. I'm sure with a roaring fire in the wood stove.

Our low was 10 last night, with 3-4 inches snow. One nice thing about our area...when the sun comes out, with clear blue skies, the snow begins to melt a bit. We have windshield covers on our SUVs, and this makes it nice when we need to go out. No need to scrape ice or snow off the windshield. We went grocery shopping to Costco Thursday, stocked up on soups, chili, Thanksgiving turkey, & other cozy comfort foods.

Next weekend, we'll begin decorating the tree, Deb will do all the outdoor decor...herd of deer, Santa sleigh, big teddy bear, 2 polar bear...all with lights. We usually set up projected lights focused on front and back of house, and into trees....so much easier than hanging lite strands everywhere. I love being all decorated for Christmas...my favorite time of year!

I think this will be a lucky year for me, turn 77 today....lucky double 7! At this point in life...i'm happy for each new birthday! Feels great to survive each new year.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. For those who will drive...safe travels. Evelyn.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:59 PM   #1233
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Only a few CD's gotten thru, but it is a start. I have four taped together in there, with a note that I had found them in the storage area of our car.

I need to sort them all, and give some to his kids...one of these days.

It is still snowing here, winds are blowing and temps are dropping. Blizzard like conditions....I can't imagine what the highways are like...but I am not on them.

This card has lived in a magnetic frame on my refrigerator since Doug gave it to me at least 20 years ago. Brian Andreas..Story People.

We have four of these in 8x12, framed around the house....one of which says "I'm rather tidy..for a dinosaur", which I bought for him, as he always referred to himself as a dinosaur... born at least 100 years too late, stuck in and wanting the old ways.

That was my Doug.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	113
Size:	264.5 KB
ID:	252622  
Old 11-22-2015, 05:03 AM   #1234
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post

I think this will be a lucky year for me, turn 77 today....lucky double 7! At this point in life...i'm happy for each new birthday! Feels great to survive each new year.
I missed this yesterday, Evelyn.

Hope you had a great day.

Maggie
Old 11-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #1235
Refugee from Napa, CA

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Formerly Napa , On the road
Happy Birthday to you....
Old 11-22-2015, 11:42 AM   #1236
Rivet Master

Thank you, and yes, it was a very nice day. Cornish game hens with potatoes and carrots, cake, of course. 3 dozen long stem roses, and 2 mixed bouquets, pajamas...were my gifts. I love fresh flowers in the house, and roses are favorites. 2 of the grands were here, both in their 30's. They love coming to Nana's house...they know they'll eat well! I received lots of hugs and love...so, today I feel well loved! LOL! Evelyn.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #1237
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Temps have not gotten above freezing today, but the sun has been out, and that has helped.

Cold. 9 degrees when I got up this morning, and 62 in the little house.

My 11 year old Matrix started right up, bless its little heart, the biggest problem being getting inside as there was a frozen crust underneath a good 3" of snow. I did it, tho, and got it all cleaned off....look at me, honey!...and went to get my Sunday papers.

Lily was housebound by yesterday's blizzard, but has had a romp just now, so all is right in her world. It's as warm as it is going to get today, methinks, so we just went.

Lots of Toby and Patsy on the stereo this morning....no tears, but lots of memories. We both knew all the words by heart. Sigh.

Have finished another prayer shawl, and almost done with this cowl neck poncho thing....it is really pretty, and going to be very warm. Did it in deep navy.

Skyped with my darling daughter this am, our Sunday routine, and she was telling me of all the cleaning she has been doing...moving this and that, scrubbing behind things, etc. Her husband asked her "what in the world has come over you?", and she said " my Mom is coming to visit!"

She cleans every week, and keeps things up, but hasn't yet really taken up deep cleaning as a routine, once or twice a year....which I of course do. Move the appliances, furniture, all those things. She does it occasionally, when the mood strikes her, but is a working woman so her weekends are precious.

She has hired a cleaning service to do a 3-hour "spring cleaning", right before I arrive in a couple of weeks, "but they don't move furniture, Mom!" Funny.

Doug always said I had a social worker's eye for dirt, , and I know there is nothing like company coming to get one looking critically at everything.

I actually have a pretty relaxed attitude about other people's housekeeping, and that dust and clutter are different from filth...tho my standards at home are pretty high.

I like clean.

Maggie
Old 11-22-2015, 01:53 PM   #1238
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
For her love, I crossed the barren desert, I crossed the angry ocean, I climbed the highest hill, I swam the widest rivers...

She was upset that I was never home...
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:57 PM   #1239
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Old 11-23-2015, 07:42 AM   #1240
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This variegated yarn....called Rosewood ....as border on a new prayer shawl, is so beautiful I want to climb inside it and make a nest.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	127
Size:	273.0 KB
ID:	252728  

« No Game Changer | Top | - »