Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-17-2023, 04:59 PM   #7721
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Yes, I can, drug thru a keyhole sideways, as the man said.

Maggie
Old 01-18-2023, 06:38 AM   #7722
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
”drug thru a keyhole sideways”
I like this expression and will try to remember it for an appropriate moment.

Carol.
tallytwo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:22 AM   #7723
1 Rivet Member

1996 25' Excella
Francisco , Indiana
It could be the vent fan motor is drawing to may amps. The wiring may be perfectly fine just the motor it self is causing the problem.
Hickory
Hickory1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 05:27 AM   #7724
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
It could be the vent fan motor is drawing too may amps. The wiring may be perfectly fine just the motor it self is causing the problem.

I agree.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:02 AM   #7725
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, folks.

I haven’t turned the vent fan back on, and the converter is so far holding…fingers crossed that I can limp on home with it and have everything dealt with there.

We spent last night in a completely quiet little forest campground, well off the beaten path, along with a half dozen or so other “littles” of various sorts, and far enough into the forest that there was no signal whatsoever.

Already settled in now until Sunday in an inexpensive little city park campground, just in time for it to pour rain…which is okay, as it is rinsing off this rig.

We are ready to be still for a few days, and electricity with a bathhouse just makes things so much easier.

I am really enjoying being back in the Florida panhandle, with its quaint little towns, moss hung trees, white sands and beaches.

It’s been a few years.

Maggie
Old 01-20-2023, 09:47 AM   #7726
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This pattern was on the label back of one of the yarns I bought last month, and it looked like a great way to use up scraps.

So, rather than buying the prescribed yarns, I am just using up the small bits I can’t bring myself to throw away…because, they’re still good, and can be used for something!

The outer row of each in black, my favorite accent color, and I will then join them with black, at some point.

If I can make myself do the tedious joining, which remains to be seen, when that time comes…and if I don’t, I will drop a big bagful of these off in a Goodwill bin, for some lucky person to pick up for a pittance and finish off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	124B7B83-8BB7-49A5-8830-7C265969CFB3.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	427382   Click image for larger version

Name:	36AFCDBF-C79C-42A0-983F-EE47B6050B87.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	329.3 KB
ID:	427383  

Old 01-20-2023, 09:59 AM   #7727
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I have almost finished this book, which has been very good tho one of those that goes back and forth in time with numerous characters…leaving me feeling I need a pad of paper and pen nearby to keep track of what is going on, with whom, and at what point in time.

She has a very engaging writing style, tho at times uses more paragraphs to convey an emotion, feeling, sense of place, etc., than I think is necessary …she has a rather emotive way of writing, so to speak.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F523100B-BDC5-4C07-9DDE-0DFCA0FA9D02.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	412.6 KB
ID:	427384  
Old 01-20-2023, 10:02 AM   #7728
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Lots of other peoples words in this book that are eminently worth saving, but probably best to just read the book again.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1515BF04-CE13-492B-A25C-055664683B3B.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	427385   Click image for larger version

Name:	0B7B1266-B50A-48AC-9A51-EA8E80058B6E.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	427386  

Old 01-24-2023, 05:01 AM   #7729
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I have enjoyed discovering more of Florida’s city and county park campgrounds this trip.. many on beautiful and much-loved rivers, with lots of locals boating, fishing and just gathering.

Some are nicer than others, but all have been lovely, adequate and inexpensive.

Spend less, do more.

We are settled into a nice federal campground we have stopped at the past couple of years, and are going to spend some time here being still.

Lots of regulars who come back every year, we remember each other and their dogs, swap stories from the past year and enjoy the small sense of community that is this particular campground,

Going to take Lily for lots of walks, cook a bit, crochet, read….really exciting stuff…and just not drive.

Maggie
Old 01-24-2023, 11:07 AM   #7730
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
A county park that you might try is Shell Mound by Cedar Key. I actually haven’t camped there yet but I have visited Cedar Key and it is a pretty neat place.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	427515
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 11:31 AM   #7731
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Dan, and a couple of other people have also mentioned Cedar Key to me.

I may check it out.

Maggie
Old 01-27-2023, 11:08 AM   #7732
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I finished this book last night, Every Mothers Son by Val Wood, and it was very, very good…

https://www.amazon.com/Every-Mothers.../dp/B00LO1T9XS

I have read several other books by this author, and they are always rich in historical detail, which I like, also not filled with page after page after page of gratuitous violence…nor other gratuitous subject matter that seems wholly irrelevant to the story line.

We are very much enjoying our stay here, and plan to extend for a second week because why not?

On a beautiful lake, clean and well maintained, friendly others to chat with, lots of dogs/their owners, etc.

Lily has been getting four or more walks every day, I am cooking a bit, crocheting, reading, cleaning things I discover need it …and, tho weather has fluctuated some, there has been no snow nor ice nor subzero temps.

I had been in a beautiful site backing up to this lake, but it has no afternoon shade and it’s going to be near 80 several days next week, so I had picked one to move to and promptly snagged it this morning when it’s occupants left…my site then being snatched up within minutes by a group of men with multiple tents, awnings, a boat, etc., settling in for a long weekend of fishing and doing what men do who are minus their women for the weekend.

The converter continues to hold fast, as long as I don’t turn on the vent fan nor try to use the 12 volt television, so fingers crossed we keep the frig running til we get home.

Sitting out the Midwest winter…it’s a good thing.

Maggie
Old 02-02-2023, 08:18 AM   #7733
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Nothing going on, just checking in.

We have been enjoying a very peaceful and unremarkable stay here…unremarkable but for the very nice and friendly others who come back here year after year.

I noticed a dash light on the last couple of times I have driven out for shopping, that I first thought was a tire pressure warning, but after pulling out my new gauge and checking the pressure on all four tires…all by myself …that was not it.

The light is the indicator that I have worn brake pads , so I’m going to get on the phone today and see if I can find someone to take a look at them.

Other than that, visiting, walking, reading, visiting, crocheting, giving away hats, and more visiting.

No freezing temps, snow, ice, etc….a good thing.

Maggie
Old 02-04-2023, 09:35 AM   #7734
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I did not enjoy nor finish this book…just couldn’t plod thru it…and can’t for the life of me figure out how it ended up in my Kindle App Library, but maybe it was free.

It does have an interesting writing style, and I did especially like this particular passage…
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4BB477F9-AD8A-4F8F-88DE-097A57F15708.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	427755  
Old 02-06-2023, 10:58 AM   #7735
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
After two full weeks at Ocean Pond campground, we headed out this morning and with our first stop a service appointment in Lake City to get this dash light issue addressed.

Thank you to Johnny’s Auto Repair, who got me in quickly, checked the brakes, reported that everything looks in excellent condition, did a test drive and could find no problem.

So, they sent us on our way after only a very nominal diagnostic charge.

Might be some of the sand we’ve been in, but now at least it’s been looked at and the little indicator light is off.

We’ve settled into another little public campground til the end of the week, then will start working our way into and thru Georgia and South Carolina, as Edisto is within sight.

Maggie
Old 02-07-2023, 03:52 PM   #7736
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I finished “The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek”, by Kim Michele Richardson last night.

It was excellent, and went on my “Read Again” Nook shelf.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...ublesome_Creek

Based on real events and real people, it is a detailed, grim picture of life, death, discrimination of all sorts, coal mining, hunger, starvation, et al, in the Kentucky hills in the 1930’s.

It is difficult in this day and age to imagine in the Inited States people starving to death for lack of food, but it was a stark reality.

It is always good to be reminded of where this country has been, what we have come from and how far we still have to go.

Maggie
Old 02-08-2023, 05:26 AM   #7737
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
I finished “The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek”, by Kim Michele Richardson last night.

It was excellent, and went on my “Read Again” Nook shelf.
Maggie,

Yes that is a very good book, and the author has written another called, The Book Woman’s Daughter. It’s excellent also. Over the last four or five years there has been so many very good books written about librarians or something to do with a library or a bookstore. I don’t why it’s been a trend but for those of us who are readers it’s been fun to read about our world! I’ll have to go through my reading list and send you some titles.

I was wondering what campground you were at. I’ve been back and forth to Manatee county packing and moving things from my mothers house or I would have tried to arrange for a visit this year. I’m now back in Tallahassee until the middle of the month when I’ll leave again for the yearly festival we have in the small fishing village my mothers family is from. I coordinate all the food vendors for the festival and have to be there over the weekend. I use to make all the cakes for the strawberry shortcake the historical society sells as a fund raiser. They switched to using the small sponge cakes about five years ago and most people haven’t noticed. It’s much easier for sure. Perhaps next year, if youre once again in my neck of the woods we could arrange a visit. I’d love meeting you and Lily.

Carol
tallytwo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 05:38 AM   #7738
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Carol, and I’ll send you a pm. ☺️

I saw the Book Woman’s Daughter advertised, and do want to read it.

Maggie
Old 02-08-2023, 11:06 AM   #7739
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
This is an interesting article in the Washington Post today, about an organization of volunteers who finish handmade items their creators had not…for the loved ones of women who die before completing afghans, baby sweaters, etc.

https://www.looseendsproject.org/

What a great idea, and the finished items include “Life Lines”, marking where the loved one’s work ended and the volunteer’s began, so family would know which part their person had touched.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...arts-projects/

Maggie
Old 02-11-2023, 02:49 PM   #7740
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I finished “Life Expectancy”, by Dean Koontz, today, and it got 5 stars from me.

I can’t remember the last one of his books that I read, but this is not the first and he is an excellent writer.

https://www.deankoontz.com/book/life-expectancy/

Well written, funny and another one of those that begs the question “who and what kind of mind thinks this stuff up???”

We are pulling out of here early tomorrow morning, have lots of chores to do in town and then will start meandering north-ish.

We’ve had a lot of rain the past 24 hours, which also brought cooler temps so that there are fewer bugs , and the periodic deluges are rinsing off the green powder that has been sifting from the trees onto my rig.

I came down here with a woman I’d met at Ocean Pond, and we’ve spent a lot of time this past week chatting about everything under the sun.

A very interesting woman, from a completely different walk of life than mine, but we’ve found more commonalities than one might first think.

It’s been very enjoyable…and one of the great pleasures of traveling is meeting and getting to know people whose paths would likely otherwise never cross with your own.

Experiencing and embracing diversity…it’s a good thing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AE9A2DC3-6855-4F04-8BAD-7D1CEDD56794.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	428009  

« No Game Changer | Top | - »