Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #3101
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ahh, yes...I remember you talking about that move.

Tho a small price to pay for having sold your house before it was even on the market, as I recall.

A more leisurely move would be nice, tho, so that means a hangar first.

May it happen.

Maggie
Old 10-05-2016, 11:03 AM   #3102
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Thanks for the good wishes.

There are people who are building homes down there right now who are living in their RV's at the campground, and many more who've told me they did that. Wouldn't be bad. Blackie and I did well in the Airstream for three weeks on the road to Wisconsin last summer. Don't know what would happen when we add the cat to the mix.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:07 AM   #3103
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Well, you would be there to keep an eye on the building process, and there would be a benefit to that.

It sounds like the perfect location for you and your new home, Mimi.

Maggie
Old 10-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #3104
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
Good morning Maggie.. Mimi, I forgot where you are building your new home??? Good luck to you with all your hopes and ideas on that project... everyone keep having fun!!! Hugs and love around!!!
Old 10-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #3105
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Temps are in the low 80's today, with tangible humidity, and supposed to be a bit hotter tomorrow.

I am envying you your coastal Oregon weather.

I'm ready for fall.

Maggie
Old 10-05-2016, 01:18 PM   #3106
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
1995 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Bay City , Oregon
My Oregon coastal weather is dumping rain on me... but a few clear days coming ... makes for messy yard cleanup... wet yucky leaves and such... however, we endure.. when it's nice, as you noticed, it's really nice... Sun just came out!!! So I'm going out too!!!
Old 10-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #3107
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We did have some beautiful days while I was out there....and cooler weather will be here in the Midwest by the weekend.

There are always some warmer days sprinkled in to our early fall, and that is good because yard chores still call to be done.

I have been wildly productive since I've been home....thats just me, it's what I do ...but I ain't near done.

Got my hair cut today, and had a good visit with my long time hairdresser...she had to hear about my trip, we caught up on each other's families...I appreciate her.

Take care, Miss Gail.

Maggie
Old 10-05-2016, 03:09 PM   #3108
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I like to watch Dr. Oz when I can. I believe him to be a good man, and to dispense a great deal of good and helpful information.

He has had TD Jakes on a couple of times that I have caught lately, who I also like, and did another segment today on angels, spirits, contact/help/support from spirits.

His guest talked about "signs" from spirits and angels, and that if you ask for particular signs you will receive them.

I believe that, and I have experienced it. I believe that Doug sends me signs to let me know he is still there, and that he is still my co-pilot... just in the afterlife...there to support me, to guide me, to comfort me, and to love me.

Hearts and roses, particularly, have appeared in my life, over and over again, and with astonishing frequency these past 2 1/2 years...they always make me smile, they comfort me, and they help me continue to move forward and live my life.

I am grateful they are there, and that I believe...because, if you don't believe, you know, you neither see the signs nor experience the comfort they bring.

It's that simple.

I picked up a pair of winter pj's at TJMaxx the other day, because they called to me, and because I knew they were meant for me.

Doug wants me to know he's there.

Maggie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3261.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	272932  
Old 10-05-2016, 03:28 PM   #3109
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Hi Gail,
I'm building in a place called Hilltop Lakes, TX. It's one of those resort communities someone built out of a large ranch back in the 1960's. Look for it a bit east of I-45 and a little over a hundred miles inland from Houston. Big reason I'm going there is that it's about 45 minutes away from Bryan, TX, where my younger daughter and her family live.

hilltoplakes.com will get you more about it than you probably want to know.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:08 PM   #3110
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We had a storm move in during the night, my first awareness of it being a cold, wet, nose touching my cheek to wake me up.

Thunder and lightning, Lily trembling and panting, needing to be close to feel safe and be comforted.

Booger dog...she so hates storms, would crawl under my skin if she could.

I got a call from my storage place this morning that a space for the Interstate has opened up that I can have...thank goodness.

It has to be out of my driveway after November 1, and this is the latest, ever, that we have secured a spot in the facility that is just a couple of miles away.

People apparently are getting their sites and keeping them, year round, resulting in very little turnover and a long waiting list.

Returning customers go to the top of the wait list, tho, thank goodness, and I'm going to just go with the tide and pay for mine year round.

Once I have another car, I'll just swap it out for trips, and leave the Interstate there when not in use. Seems like a good plan to me.

I noticed when signing the contract a bit ago...

"You cannot use the space for residential occupancy or storage of live animals...waste, animal carcasses, noxious materials, illegal or stolen property, explosives, ...."

I commented to the young man there that there must have been problems, or no need to include such items in the contract, and he said "Yep!"

Went out to Home Depot and purchased a length of runner....and, a box cutter, for trim-to-fit ...so will get to that perhaps over the weekend. I've never used a box cutter before...always a Doug thing . I'll be very careful.

The seat covers I ordered arrived yesterday, and I love them, so the inside will then be tidied and brightened and spruced up a bit before going to bed for a couple of months.

Interior maintenance and upkeep...I guess if you keep a rig long enough, that's what you do.

A good thing.

Maggie
Old 10-06-2016, 12:19 PM   #3111
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
A Different Life II

Maggie,

Instead of standard box cutter straight blades, buy a few hook blades to fit your box cutter. Less likely to slip. Tends to cut cleaner as well. Less likely to cut the surface under the runner as well.

I have the scars to prove box cutters can cut more than boxes....

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #3112
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I know they can....I remember 911, vividly.

I'm going to wear gloves to do the cutting...

Maggie
Old 10-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #3113
Rivet Master

Maggie, that is a good idea to keep your storage spot year round. I have obtained an electric spot year round. Nice to be able to keep a trickle charge. It is worth the extra cost, IMO.

Goliath is at the dealer to address all the little list of problems I have encountered during trip. Will be there a week or two, dependent upon whether they need to order things for repairs, etc.

Mimi, I am glad things are moving forward for you, re: house building. One day at a time, and eventually, you will have a permanent home and cover for your Airstream. Good luck.
Evelyn.
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #3114
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Same here, we keep our storage spot year-round, as if we did not do that we would not be able to find one when we wanted it. After using this particular place for over a year, we finally got into the perfect spot - covered, wide enough, deep enough, and with electricity to keep the batteries topped off for whenever we decide to go somewhere. Its about 20 minutes from our house.

Available RV storage of any sort around here is tricky to come by, so when we found a good place we stuck with them. Not planning to give up that spot unless our needs drastically change!

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:44 PM   #3115
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
It seems something of an unnecessary expense, in-season, as I can park the Interstate in my driveway, but it is a peace of mind issue....and, therefore, appropriate self care.

It won't break the bank, as Doug would say.

He would say "do it!"

I did.

Maggie
Old 10-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #3116
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
I must be getting directional dyslexia in my old age. Hilltop Lakes is WEST of I-45, Northeast from my daughter's family.
Old 10-07-2016, 10:01 AM   #3117
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I had the sweetest dream last night....that I had gone to a wedding, and was telling another guest that I was a widow, when Doug appeared, having gotten a "pass" from the afterlife to the present life, for 2 days.

He said to me "you know I can't stay". It was sweet.

Our travels and rather extended time in cool temps really messed with Lily's fur...she seemed to have begun developing a heavier, winter coat, then began shedding it as we got to lower elevations and warmer temps.

It was coming out in tufts for awhile, every time I petted her or she scratched, and no amount of brushing seemed to stem the tide of tufts of black fur. Yikes.

I have just cleaned the little house, and have filled my vacuum canister with dog hair since this time last week.

A loaf of no knead rye bread is doing its thing on the counter, and I'm thinking about making some cookie dough.

Chimney guy is coming this afternoon, and I will then be ready for the first cold, wet day...and a fire in my little wood stove.

Maggie
Old 10-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #3118
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
A-1 Masonry was here to clean and inspect my chimney, charged a very fair price for what is a relatively simple, straight-up-and-down chimney, pronounced everything in good condition....and agreed to brush down and re-paint the decorative surround that has been up for years, repainted once, and needs it again.

What more can one ask?

The chimney cap can be taken off to be repainted, the surround...what he calls a "chase"...cannot, it must be done entirely in place, on the roof.

I could brush it down and repaint, but not on the roof.

As a bonus for his competent work...and for agreeing in addition to take on the repainting of the decorative surround ...I sent him home with the freshly washed seat cover from Duluth Trading Company, 7-8 years old but still in excellent condition, that has been replaced with more attractive and better covering seat covers which arrived the other day.

I got that for Doug, whose jeans rivets, pocketknives, and other items in pockets were taking a toll on the Ultraleather driver's seat.

Time to recycle, with a new owner.

He was pleased, I was pleased, and I was grateful for having found someone to do a chore that I cannot.

One of the tasks of widowhood is finding competent people to do things you can't...or won't, as the case may sometimes be ...and I have had some fits and starts in that particular area.

Today was a good day.

Maggie
Old 10-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #3119
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I was looking for a seasonal wallpaper for my IPhone, and came across this.

Is it not excellent!?!?

It didn't have a title, but I would call it "Wild Woman Dancing Under the Harvest Moon."

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	273145  
Old 10-08-2016, 10:55 AM   #3120
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Pretty wallpaper! Mine is a shot of my Airstream, so I don't change it.