Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' International CCD
2002 19' Bambi
2005 30' Classic
Dover , Arkansas
Smile 75th anniversary David Winick Pilsner glasses

I recently bought a 75th anniversary David Winick 19 ft Airstream...At looking on line, I noticed there were an option for (4) special pilsner glasses that could be ordered....This was in 2007.....Does any one know someone who has a set they might sell???

Thanks
ole-red
ole-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Sonoma/Napa Wine Country , Northern California
I don't think they were Winick specific, more of a thanks for buying freebie from some dealers. We have the pleasure of enjoying a used Winick without said glasses. It also has Winick's custom interiors book in it with no image of specific glasses. We went through a few glasses before finding ones that fit/look nicely in the holders. Here's the short list, in order of preference:
1.Libbey small pint glasses (12oz?) found @ a Crate & Barrel Outlet
2. http://www.dwr.com/product/mia-highball-glass-set.do
3.https://store.airstream.com/product_...roducts_id=211

Hope you enjoy yours - despite the quirks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2954096495.png
Views:	159
Size:	851.7 KB
ID:	145326  
Aspirations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
2005 30' Classic
Dover , Arkansas
Pilsner Glasses

There were (2) options available for the purchasers of the 2007 David Winick trailer...One was a set of (4) Pilsner glasses with an emblem of the 75th Anniversary etched on the glasses, and an old-styl radio....David Winick was kind enough to send me a picture of the glasses, as he still had one...If you would like, I would share it with you....Thanks for the help you provided...

Ole-red
Old 11-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
If you have the image of the etching then any good glass place can do this on you blank glasses you buy. I had this done for a retirement party for a friend through work - it was cheap and easy - they just needed a digital copy of the etching.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Sonoma/Napa Wine Country , Northern California
Hello Ole-red,
Can you post/attach the image David sent you to the thread? It'd be nice to see. If you end up commissioning a set we may join in with you & order some if the volume price is good... Or save the cash for the repair/hubcap replacement fund. Have you contacted "the mothership" in OH, they must have the spec & supply chain to crank out another batch for the newly indoctrinated?

May we ask what your Winick # is & where on the map it's popped up?
Aspirations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:05 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
2005 30' Classic
Dover , Arkansas
Winick glasses

Yes, I am real new at this, but will try to get a picture on a little later,,,,,I have sent a copy of the picture to a guy that does the etching, for pricing....The number of mine is#16...I bought it from a lady in Hopwood PA. I still can't believe the original owner never had used it at all...He died, before they had it produced, his wife, had the dealer pull it to Lake Erie, and there it sat.....She sold it back to the dealership, 4 years later..The lady I got it from, had sat in it outside their house a couple of times....ALL the appliances, shower, toilet ect, still had the tags on them....I have it tuck inside a build now....I will get you a picture of the glass....Thanks for the quick reply...

Ole-red
Old 11-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
2005 30' Classic
Dover , Arkansas
Pilsner glasses

Toms Glass works is the fellow quoting the etching.....He also has the blank glass, which is a flared beer glass, from the picture....The symbol on the glass is the same symbol that is to the right of the door on your trailer..... 75th Anniversary Designed by David Winick. I have an e-mail that David sent me with the picture of the glass....If you don't mind me having your e-mail, forward it to me and I'll sent you the picture....It is blown up, so it really looks good.....My e-mail is boyd.freeman@nabholz.com