Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
60 Ways to Celebrate 60th Birthday

I am turning 60 on Christmas... yeah I really am a Christmas Carol, Carol Joy to be precise. I would have been named Phylis except that was preempted by my sudden impatience by emerging early as the first Xmas baby of Chicago in 1952. Noelle was my parents' second choice but being local to the Chicago Loop and "L" (elevated) train...remember Blues Brothers??? My father feared that the name Noelle would set me up for the one liner, "No "L"? Take a bus!" And thus I was named Carol Joy. I want to celebrate and do something special. I have it on good authority that I am joining some of the boomers' finest!!! Let me know what you have done or plan to do on this milestone BDay or any suggestions.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Well hi Carol! Thanks for sharing your cute story! About your upcoming birthday, are you wanting ideas about where to have it or what kind of theme to have? Locations could be a beautiful winery, with white twinkling lights all around or going to a mountain retreat with fresh fallen snow or spending the day at a heavenly spa, being blissfully pampered or going to the BIG city with a bunch of girlfriends, laughing the night away or taking a sternwheeler (or steamboat) dinner cruise, with the moon reflecting on the water or just staying at home and having a beautiful party created by close friends and loved ones? Or do you want some theme ideas? How about rent some movies that were popular in your earlier years and have a movie party, dressing up and bringing back the Hollywood Stars of yesteryear. Or the theme could be based on the music that was popular when you were a teenager. You could play the music videos from that era and dressup for that time period.

Hopefully this was kind of what you were talking about. If not, please let me know and I'll brainstorm some more! Take care and I'll talk to you later. ~Cari~
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Grand Prairie , Texas
Thumbs up Christmas Carols Are A True Joy!

Forgive me for not getting to know you sooner, however I have found that you are soooo precious and very special! They say that we live in a smaller world today... Well, this may be, however I am so very happy to have gotten to know about you, CarolJ! Now, I for one am wishing you the happiest of Birthdays and forever on!

I do not know that much about Chicago.

I do remember my Mom taking me to my first Baseball game, ( when I was five. ) The Boston Redsox won the game over the New York Yankees!

Our ride to the Boston T, back in the day was a 1937 Chevy, and we also enjoyed naming our wheel interested.

Monsoon Rocket
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monsoon Rocket.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	145182  
TRfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
, Michigan
Send a message via AIM to eikel1we
Hi Carol ....yes, it's me yet again! You may remember we celebrated my 60th at the Silver Lake State Park camping with the family and Jeepin' up on the beautiful Silver Lake Sand Dunes on the shores of Lake Michigan. It's becoming an annual event - doesn't get any better than that!!

suz
2004 GMC Yukon XL 2500
Michigan - "middle of the mitt"
eikel1we is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Grand Prairie , Texas
Hey, I'm not sure that brain cramps are excusable out here, however I would like to make a correction about the Age of the ( Monsoon Rocket ) pictured above... It was an 1947 model, just three years younger than me, at the time.
With Love
Old 11-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
Sex and drugs and rock and roll always worked for me.

Congratulations! I did that 60 thing last year, on this very date! La Gringa bought me a Hobie Tandem Island as a gift.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Congratulations, Carol--and I didn't know you were a "Christmas Carol".

Although your actual birthday would not be a good time for what I have in mind, at a convenient time you and your dear hubby might want to get away for a weekend to convince yourselves that you are not at all old:

Sybaris - Romantic Weekend Getaways in Chicago (IL), Milwaukee (WI), and Indianapolis (IN)

One bit of advice: bring a cooler full of the wine(s) of your choice, light foods like shrimp cocktail, etc., and maybe bagels and cream cheese for breakfast. . . because you won't want to leave the room. . .
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Carol
Because you know me,ITS been so long ago I cant remember what I did on my 60th. Probably life as usual WORK! I know what you are feeling ,cause my baby sister was born just before CHRISTMAS and she always seemed to be over looked UNTIL CHRISTMAS. I always made it a point to call her on her birthday,so she wasnt over looked. I wish I could call her on her birthday,but thats not possible anymore.
But you take some time and you and Brad do something together to celebrate.
I will call ya on your B Day if I can remember what I did wiff your number. I think I have it in my SMART PHONE . IF its SMART it better be there ,LOL.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Honokaa , Hawaii
I quit my job and bought a surfboard
Waipio Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
60! Yur just a kid. I don't remember anything special on my 60th. My 50th was the hardest on me. I was a mess even though my family and friends threw a party at a pizza place. Ever see 50 candles on a large pizza. Melted the cheese good. Good thing we didn't have my 60th there......or my 70th.

Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
For my 60th and Rusty Rivets 65th and our 35th anniversary we bought our Sempi2 AS. Then we took some short trips to get us to know more about Rving. Spent the next couple years getting everything we needed for traveling and retiring. Last year for my 62nd I got two new knees and my Social Security check. Have a romantic evening at a place that is special to you. But most importantly = enjoy and treasure every moment. The time goes so fast. A very Happy Birthday to you. Susan
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Have a soak in one of Lush's great bath products, sip a glass of your favorite wine, and think happy thoughts.

Bubble Bars - - LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics

These items are a bit pricey, but a wonderful indulgence when you really just need a soak in the bath.

If you ever have a chance to get into one of their stores, that is an amazing experience. Everything is unwrapped and the smells intoxicating.

Send me a pm with your address, Carol, and I will send you a bubble bar for your birthday tubbie.

Maggie
Old 11-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

Grand Prairie , Texas
Post Being That Carol Is Extra Special To Us!

First of all, Happy Birthday!.. Let's get this party started!! And, while we're at it,
Wishing The Best Of Holidays To All!!!! And let us know that there are lot's and many special days coming up!!!!!!! If you should have any special Christmas and Holiday cards that you would like to post here in this thread, just do it!
With Love
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Happy Holidays To All.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	145639  
Old 11-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Here is a celebration song by Annie Lennox- so's all you sixty year olds can have a quick dance for all times sake.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

Grand Prairie , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anywhairstream View Post
Here is a celebration song by Annie Lennox- so's all you sixty year olds can have a quick dance for all times sake.

WOW! Great tribute to this thread! I suppose that we all need to count our many Blessings! Yup, wish that I was sixty and sexy some more, just in time, and in front of all-timer's,.. ... Only kidding!

Now, being older than TV, I keep an hand painted Christmas card from a very dear friend named Julie on my TV in the living room, to this very day!
She reminds me also and so smooch of wheel interested, ( as in Carol ).
With Love
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Count Your Blessings.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	145647  
Old 11-20-2011, 04:58 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Orange Beach , Alabama
I reached 60 in July 2010. My birthday surprise is pictured below. Wife and I started our lives together 40 years ago, her junior year in high school.

The surprise is a 2011 Porsche Cayman, didn't come with a hitch receiver though............
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Porsche Cayman 2011 (2).jpg
Views:	399
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	145648  
jdthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' International CCD
2002 19' Bambi
2005 30' Classic
Dover , Arkansas
Wink Happy Birthday

Don't know you but was just thinking of my last birthday, which was in June, and I turn 60......Seems like yesterday, I was 59.....Enjoy the moment, get a pedicure, a manicure, and do what ever you want on this glorious day....By the way, if you were born on Christmas day in 1952, wouldn't that just make you 59 ????? See you are already younger than you thought !!!!

Have a Blessed Happy Birthday.

Ole-red
ole-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:35 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Indian Harbor Beach , Florida
Had a huge party for my husband! And sitting in the front of the house was a black Nissan 360z....he always wanted one and fortunately I found just what he always wanted...so I bought it! He has worked hard, been a great dad/husband and deserved a little fun to celebrate! Next year is his 65th and I'm not sure what to do...can't top the 60th.
Ohhhhh if that car could talk
Enjoy your big day and do whatever the h*#@ you want to.....
Andi
kidsgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:27 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Let's all say in unison.... 1-2-3-

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROL!!"

Hope your 60's bring all you wish for.

Maggie
Old 12-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Carol, happy birthday! But isn't it 59 (born in 1952)??
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote