Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
2010 Boy Scout National Jamboree Help!

Much to my surprise, it turns out that I will be able to partially attend this years Jambo at Fort A.P. Hill near Bowling Green, VA. I was in conflict with a co-workers vacation, but it turns out the situation is partially resolved. Preliminary plans are for me & my wife to come down for setup through maybe the first Wednesday. (July 24-28)

As we are heading to the Pocono NASCAR rally afterwords, we will be taking the Airstream. Problem we are having is that it seems campgrounds in the near vicinity of the Jambo either want you to book two weeks, or charge a very hefty amount night by night.

I'm not sure courtesy parking would be appropriate, but would be great! We basically just need a place to sleep at night.

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Additionally: I very aware that this forum is full of very diverse individuals. My responsibility at the Jambo is to coordinate the Space Exploration Merit Badge booth. I know this is a reach, but if anyone is interested in helping as staff, I would love to talk to you!

In addition to the science part, in 2005 we built 3,000 model rockets! We really could use the help!

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
The National Jamboree is a hoot, my favorite memories from my trip were the hookers hitting on us outside the Hoover building and the not so bright guys who took cover in the porta-johns when a storm hit. Good times.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
100th Anniversary Jambo

Dan,

You're going to the hill. That's great news. I'll be in Subcamp 4 with one of the Troops from Pittsburgh and I'll absolutely stop down at the Midway to say hi. I'm thinking the MPs might frown on courtesy parking at the Subcamp - but there's always a pot of coffee on for you. As for Space Ex, I'll send a few scouts your way to see if we can help you top the 3000 number this year. (We can talk details at the WBBB.)

Roy
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote