Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1986 30' Airstream 300
B , Louisiana
original t.v. in bedroom

Hi folks, I've not posted in a while due to the holidays and such and all the crazyness involved. I thought I'd get caught back up on the posts in this forum. A month ago or so, I had already replaced the t.v. in living area of the coach with an lcd t.v. and installed a satellite dish in place of the antenna on top. I still haven't figured out how to unmount the t.v. that is mounted in the bedroom above the closet in Nancy. Anybody got a clue?

Nice to see that the regulars are still here and are still helping out.
jagcb750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
It is probably attached from the bottom. If memory serves, you have a drawer beneath the shelf the tv rests on. If you pull the drawer out, you should see the screw heads.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1986 30' Airstream 300
B , Louisiana
Thanks, Terry. I will check that as soon as I can. There is a storm blowing through right now. We have been having some freakishly warm weather for the past couple of days now. I guess the cold will blow in behind this storm.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1994 36' Classic 36 Diesel
Christmas Valley , Oregon
Front T.V.????????????

Greetings from Idaho! Hope you're staying warm down there. I can't help you with the rear TV because I have a different setup and you probably have it figured out by now, but I am very interested in what kind of TV you installed in the front, and how you installed it. Did you have the standard 14 X 14 hole in the console, and did you use that hole or put it somewhere else? What kind of mount did you use? I am doing some wiring under the dash and keep staring in that hole and thinking a flat-screen would fit in there. Looks like you have a really nice motorhome. We have been full-timing for 2 years, untill now, and we are deep into a remodel, while watching our two grand-daughters ( 1 and 2 years) and living in their parents home. Happy 'streaming. Phil and Sam ( Sandra )
Diesel Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1986 30' Airstream 300
B , Louisiana
sorry!

dieselphil, sorry, I don't know how I missed your post. sorry it is 6 months later. 1st for an update: I was able to take the back t.v. out by just simply twisting it all the way in one direction. It came right up after that. so problem solved.

Phil, I went with a 26" sylvania lcd tv. Obviously I was not able to put it in the little hole where the tv once resided. I like it better above the console anyway. The picture sits higher up so you don't have to look down as far to view if you are toward the back of Nancy where My kitchen is. also I can just swing the tv around and get a better view of it if I am cooking. I can either just sit it on top of the console or I can let out the table top and place it on top of it. It is not mounted. I just have to remember to place the t.v on the floor before I move Nancy so It won't fall off. I guess I could mount it if it ever gets to be a problem.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1994 36' Classic 36 Diesel
Christmas Valley , Oregon
T.v.

Not a problem. Put off upgrade until fall.I seem to do that alot.Thanks Phi&Sam
Diesel Phil is offline   Reply With Quote