Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-24-2014, 04:09 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlholley View Post
also i mean... and thanks to Dave for speaking with me on the phone and walking me through everything
Glad I could help! Gosh knows others on this forum have walked me through many projects.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:39 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2001 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel 300 hp w/slide
Woodbury , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckwheat View Post
Hi TLHolley, and welcome to the Airstream Forums!
The back axle not going down is an issue not related to the air compressor but rather the leveling system not releasing pressure from the rear air bags. The system is designed to keep the bags inflated from 70 psi (cut in psi) to 80 psi (cut out psi). A good system will stay inflated for days. If you need to manually add or release air bag pressure, look for a small schrader valve located on the right side just forward of the rear wheels (mine is directly above the right exhaust pipe).
The air compressor is located at the right rear of the coach under the mattress, you will have to remove the support paneling to get to it. The compressor will turn on automatically when the key is in the ignition position, you will see a red air pressure light come on (left side of the dash) when the compressor is running. The pump stops automatically when the bags reach 80 psi. Your front bags are manually filled, keep them at 55 psi when driving.
Sorry, can't help you with the Coleman generator, these units came with Onan 6500 generators, your owners manual will have the interior switch wiring to remotely start the generator (one switch is on the dash, the other on the control panel above the galley sink). You should also be able to start the generator locally from inside the generator bay.
Good luck, I have manuals on everything that came with my 1987 345, many are on the forums in PDF format, let us know if you need help with anything!
Actually, the 1985 Classic 345s came with a 7K Kohler generator. It's extremely difficult to find either parts or technicians for these, so we replaced ours with a Cummins Onan 7K. (They are finally making one that can fit into the 85 345 generator compartment without cutting the frame.) Much quieter, more efficient, and easier to service than the original Kohler, too, though the cost involved may make you a bit weak in the knees.
windfallsp is offline   Reply With Quote