Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #1
The Bluegrass Express

2000 33' Land Yacht
Mt Pleasant , South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to daveshrader
Mounting flags on front of Motorhome

I am a member of WBCCI Carolina Coastal Unit 150. I have been trying to find out, in detail (including specific materials), how to create a mount on the front of my 2000 Airstream Land Yacht 33' gas motorhome for 1 to 3 flags. I have seen some with a mounting piece coming through the front grill but would like to have some very specific instructions and list of materials for doing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave Shrader
Mt. Pleasant, SC
daveshrader@bellsouth.net
Mt Pleasant, SC
daveshrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshrader@
I am a member of WBCCI Carolina Coastal Unit 150. I have been trying to find out, in detail (including specific materials), how to create a mount on the front of my 2000 Airstream Land Yacht 33' gas motorhome for 1 to 3 flags. I have seen some with a mounting piece coming through the front grill but would like to have some very specific instructions and list of materials for doing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave Shrader
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Contact these people, they are listed in the classified sectrion of the WBCCI and make flag holders.

¬POLE EASE, 6501 Wolf Lake Rd., Jackson, MI 49201, Ph. 517-536-8022 or Email: swest9751@yahoo.com.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
We ordered our holder from the folks at Pole Ease but if you have a welder this would be a fairly easy thing to make. Another way to save a little money is to use 4" aluminum poles which piece together which can be purchased at a flag shop. I put a piece of rubber hose on the bottom of each pole to keep it from banging around in the holder. We store the flags and poles in a 6" length of plastic drain pipe. I cemented a cap on one end and drilled holes to wire the cap on the other side. We then simply take the pole apart roll up the flags and shove them in the pipe, put on the cap and it goes in the storage bin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized chumy with flags.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	42284