Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Fuse panel for the moho chassis?

Another "where is it" quiz. I put this under the general moho thread because I assume that all mohos built on the P30 chassis would have this.

I'm searching for a fuse block that was placed on the chassis by GM. The owners manual of my 77 Argosy shows this (attached) fuse panel. A PO, deceased, noted the "windshield top". I've searched inside under the dash as well as under "the hood". I cannot find anything resembling this other than the Airstream distribution panel, which it's not what i'm looking for.

Anyone else found this and can give me some clues as to where to find it since Airstream wasn't nice enough to do so?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-05-30 11.13.25.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	131151  
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Another "where is it" quiz. I put this under the general moho thread because I assume that all mohos built on the P30 chassis would have this.

I'm searching for a fuse block that was placed on the chassis by GM. The owners manual of my 77 Argosy shows this (attached) fuse panel. A PO, deceased, noted the "windshield top". I've searched inside under the dash as well as under "the hood". I cannot find anything resembling this other than the Airstream distribution panel, which it's not what i'm looking for.

Anyone else found this and can give me some clues as to where to find it since Airstream wasn't nice enough to do so?
That looks like the typical GM set up. Mine is similar except with the flat fuses. On the 1982 280 the fuse block is very high up under the dash. I have to remove the center entertainment unit and then lay on my back on the engine cover to see it. I can almost reach it with my hand. The problem is I can't reach it and see at the same time, one or the other but not both at the same time. It's a real joy to change a fuse. From under "the hood" all you see is a Bakelite block with a bunch of wires coming out.

Good luck, Dan
Smartstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Actually, that helps a lot. I saw all the wires going into a block under the hood, but saw no fuses. I guess I need to find that under the dash instead. Joy. I though most things were well laid out and accessible on this moho so far. I guess I found the first that isn't.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Actually, that helps a lot. I saw all the wires going into a block under the hood, but saw no fuses. I guess I need to find that under the dash instead. Joy. I though most things were well laid out and accessible on this moho so far. I guess I found the first that isn't.
Have no fear Jason, the more you play in these things the more fun you have.
Smartstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy 28
1977 28' Argosy 28
Lyngby , Denmark
My Argosy Click
is about 5000 miles from where I am now
so I can't go check,
but the former owner told me it's in the engine compartment
on the curb-side which , ( think )
fits with this schematic from the manual:

I could very well be wrong though.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 AM   #6
Liberator

1972 Argosy 24
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Heart of Dixie , Alabama
Mines in the glove box, behind a plastic panel that is held in place with velcro tabs.
1972 Argosy 24'...
1954 Feathercraft Vagabond
klattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartstream View Post
I have to remove the center entertainment unit and then lay on my back on the engine cover to see it. I can almost reach it with my hand. The problem is I can't reach it and see at the same time, one or the other but not both at the same time. It's a real joy to change a fuse. Good luck, Dan
I'm not going to post for fear I'll jinx myself and have to crawl up into that "cave".
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
That fusebox is the common GM one as has been mentioned already.
On my '73 Blazer and Pickup, and my '87 Suburban, all C/K series trucks its mounted inside, on the firewall, to the left of the steering shaft, but up above the line of the lower part of the dash.
On my '84 345 as Klattu says, its in the central glovebox.
My guess would be it is somewhere close to that on these chassis too. The ignition system and lighting system gets its power from this fusebox, so follow the wires!
Keyair is offline   Reply With Quote