Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GT
Bend , Oregon
Buying out of State, need inspector

Hi, My husband and I are getting ready to take the final steps in purchasing 2021 Interstate TB GT. We live in Oregon and we are purchasing from a dealership in Maine. The dealership has been really responsive and our van is suppose to arrive this Monday at their dealership. It is showing up about 2 weeks early. We have always been planning on shipping the van from Maine to Oregon through the dealership. We were not planning on flying out to Maine to inspect it because of the current COVID situation. We were going to do a virtual walk through with the dealership and "TRUST" the dealership will do the right thing and inspect it well and then winterize it and prepare to ship it. My question to you all is there a way to hire a certified inspector to go to the dealership and inspect it for us? Is this an actual service? If anyone can suggest someone I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help in advance.
Heatherbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
Will the dealer agree that you can refuse delivery up till it's delivered in your driveway?
If so, I'd worry less, because you can do your final inspection in your driveway.

Otherwise I'd be very skeptical because once it leaves the lot the dealership has no skin in the game. Just the other day someone was complaining here that a dealer tried to deliver them a 30A model when they ordered a 50A, then offered to do the upgrade if the customer paid for the parts and labor even though they ordered it on the first place and it was the dealers fault. So you're putting a lot of trust in the dealer.

As far as the service you describe, I've not heard of it, but you might be able to find a local airforums member to work something out with.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:36 AM   #3
IPM
1996 clipper gas 34'

Blue Springs , Missouri
Maine has few covid cases. Take a direct flight to nearby and rent a car. Drive the new toy home. Then make any warranty claims if any.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:28 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPM View Post
Maine has few covid cases. Take a direct flight to nearby and rent a car. Drive the new toy home. Then make any warranty claims if any.
Maine has a 14 day quarantine requirement for out-of-state visitors.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
The State will allow adults who have a negative COVID-19 antigen or molecular (PCR, NAAT, or isothermal) test collected no more than 72 hours before arriving in Maine to forgo the 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Maine.

https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/infectious-disease/epi/airborne/coronavirus/travel.shtml
Magnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote