Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-21-2020, 12:52 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Prosper , Texas
2021 27FB Length - Storage

Howdy

Shopping for storage for our airstream that we have not taken delivery of yet. The brochure says that the 27FB International is 28 foot long - I think I understand this is from bumper to ball. If anybody has an actual measurement front to back I would really appreciate it. Most of the units that were looking at our enclosed and 30 foot.

Thank you
Octane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane1 View Post
Howdy

Shopping for storage for our airstream that we have not taken delivery of yet. The brochure says that the 27FB International is 28 foot long - I think I understand this is from bumper to ball. If anybody has an actual measurement front to back I would really appreciate it. Most of the units that were looking at our enclosed and 30 foot.

Thank you

Congrats of the new trailer!
The brochure is pretty close to accurate on the measurements. You can't go wrong with using 28' as the length of the 27' trailer. At least, my 2010 27' measured out that way at 28'. Note: take a long tape measure with you when looking at storage units or spaces as the storage places tend to add a couple of inches that aren't there.
If you found a good place to store it near you that is your best option, but if not, there is one off of I-35e toward Dallas that might suit you.
Prices are pretty high but that's just the cost of owning one of these things in this area of the country. You can send me a PM if you want more info.

P.S. Bumper to ball is correct measurement from brochure.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:38 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Prosper , Texas
Bluto - Thanks very much for the info. We found a place in Anna that is new and pretty much wide open. About 20 minutes from the house.

We sure are looking forward to getting this phase of our life rolling, pun intended!
Octane1 is offline   Reply With Quote