Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2004, 09:16 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1986 345 AS MH Pull-Out Pantry

I have with the paperwork that the PO had is a booklet about the 325 and 345 features. It shows for the 345, a pull out storage pantry behind the dinette seat and in front of the refrigerator which I do not have. Was this a standard feature for the 86' 345? Mine just has a blank piece of finished wood covering this area. Does anyone have this feature? Thanks for any replies. Jim
Old 03-29-2004, 10:41 PM   #2
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
Question

Jim,
I have the same (strange) empty space. About 4" wide between the back of the dinette and the fridge bulkhead. I planned to install a "pantry" or sliding shelf for cookie sheets, or the like there. I'd be interested in seeing a pic of this option....always thought this was a strange waster of space in an otherwise efficient floorplan.
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:19 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
I HAD the pull out pantry. It was really nice. I did have to add to strong magnets to keep it from pulling out during a left turn. I'll see if I have a picture of it.
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:14 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

My scanner is giving me problems and if I can figure out what is going on with it, I will try to scan the pictures in the booklet showing the pantry. I also thought it was a good idea but maybe for the 86', AS decided to eliminate because the picture shows the vinyl overhead cabinets that I think was changed to wood in 86'. I guess it can be done but would like to see some close-up pictures as to how it is installed. Hope to see some pics. Thanks, Jim
Old 03-30-2004, 07:15 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Pantry Picture?

I just checked out the Xeppelin, what a great idea to put a pullout there!

The lower portion of the seat back is partially occupied by the wheel well, so only the area above the seat base could be utilized.

Does anyone have pics of the door, pantry, and mechanism in both the open and closed positions?

Are there trailers that have utilized a pullout in a 16" high by 6" wide by 30" deep space?

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote