Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2004, 08:50 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Question 1986 345 AS MH Front Air Bags

From what I can find on the recommended pressure for the front air bags on a 1986 345, it is 55 lbs. I checked mine yesterday and found 45 lbs. and seems to ride OK. What seems to be the consenus, 55 lbs. as recommended or some other pressure from experience? Thanks for any feedback. Jim
Old 03-30-2004, 05:25 AM   #2
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Jim,

55 is the recommended pressure for proper alignment. If the rig was aligned with 45 in the bags and you like the ride then you have no worries. If the bags were at 55 and the rig was aligned then you may start to show wear on the inside edge of the tire and you steering may not be as stable as you would want. The visual check is the tires. The ride/steering check is by the seat of your pants.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:54 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Brett, I just replaced the tires and I'm trying to find a GOOD shop for alignment, although, it tracks very good now with 75 lbs. in the front tires and 70 lbs. in the rear ones with 45 lbs. in the bags. Does the alignment conform to the P30 chassis or an Airstream recommendation? If the alignment checks out good, I guess I should raise to 55 lbs. and have rechecked while at the alignment shop to see if it makes a difference or just align with 55 lbs. Decisions, decisions!!!!! In the long run, you are right about tracking tire wear. Hope to hear more input. Thanks, Jim