Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2019, 05:07 AM   #81
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet18 View Post
Sorry for the delays, life and stuff

Finally sat down and made a BOM this morning and ordered the parts!

I ordered enough parts for all the boards (parts are like $5.00/board)

When they arrive I will build a prototype and test it on the bench, and build up the other two and mail them out (Brad and Frank still willing to test?)

I've also attached the BOM for those following along. It won't let me upload a .csv, but the .txt is a .csv file
Rob,

I'm still in....however, I'm moving about as fast as you are
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:59 AM   #82
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahler View Post
Rob,

I'm still in....however, I'm moving about as fast as you are
Glad we're on the same page
Magnet18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:17 PM   #83

Nuremberg , Bavaria
Hi Magnet18,
How is the project coming along? Have you managed to test your prototype?
Volvo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:29 PM   #84

Currently Looking...
Airstream Coach - Other
Southampton , UK
Hi Magnet, Brad and Frank.

Not an Airstream owner I'm afraid, but have found you via google searches. I've been arm twisted make a prototype remanufactured Zemco EFI interface (re badged models of the Zemco were accessories for a few Euro cars) and found you've beaten me to it.

How did your testing go? Would you be up for either selling your design if it works (more than happy to buy complete interfaces or bare PCBs from you, I'm aware of the work that has gone in so far) or if that isn't something you have time for, would you be prepared to share the gerbers to go with the BOM you uploaded?

Many thanks, apologies again for non airstream content! If you are still in the middle of testing I can probably help put a couple of cars together, there are a few interface boxes sought currently and some of those are either engineers or trustworthy with sparks as well as spanners!

Chris
TV_Repairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:50 PM   #85
Rivet Master

Churubusco , Indiana
Hi!
I haven't had time to test yet, life getting in the way, but the circuit board for the BOM can be ordered here, and I think? You can download the files too

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/vippM2hM

If you make any progress, please do share here! This seems to be the place that collects the google traffic
Old 11-09-2020, 04:18 PM   #86

Currently Looking...
Airstream Coach - Other
Southampton , UK
That's brilliant, thank you.

From there I can get both gerbers and order directly so that is ideal. I will let you know how we get on, if I said I first mused doing this in 2008 you'll know I understand how you are doing with the testing!

Thanks again
TV_Repairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:43 PM   #87

helena , Montana
not an RV guy yet.. but bought a nos zt-4 from a pawnshop for $10 with the intent to install it on an 89 dodge ramcharger, popped the air filter to check before starting and realized im workin on a TBI system. so wondering if these conversation kits are available for sale yet?

also on a side note.. i dont need the speedometer because i have one on the dash, wondering how hard it would be to convert the speedo to an rpm reader?.. for the tach? that would be waayyy more useful than having a second speedo

ps i have the one that looks like post 2
dodge guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:55 AM   #88

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Hound Green, Hook , Hampshire
Hi folks,

Does the ZT4 have an option to read liters or even UK gallons which are larger then a US gallon - LOL ?
Has anyone ever fitter the ZT4 on a Isuzu diesel engine, especially the fuel sensor?
Do the fuel sensors leak and would they require some other gasket material?
How would you compensate for the diesel return to tank fuel flow?
I was thinking of fitting 2 fuel flow sensors on on the supply to the pump / filter and one on the return tank and add a summing circuit to subtract the return to tank fule.
Has anyone thought of this before?
Does anyone have the ZT4 schematics which would make this a little more simple.
Sorry lots of questions here.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:00 PM   #89
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_uk View Post
Hi folks,

Does the ZT4 have an option to read liters or even UK gallons which are larger then a US gallon - LOL ?
Yes

Quote:
Has anyone ever fitter the ZT4 on a Isuzu diesel engine, especially the fuel sensor?
Don't know

Quote:
Do the fuel sensors leak and would they require some other gasket material?
Never heard anything about sensors leaking.

Quote:
How would you compensate for the diesel return to tank fuel flow?
There is/was a Zemco accessory for systems that had return to tank flow. I have one of them.

Quote:
Does anyone have the ZT4 schematics which would make this a little more simple.
This thread probably has all of the information available on Airforums.

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:16 AM   #90
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Phoenix , Arizona
Hello from A CAR NUT in Phoenix AZ.

First let me say been working on cars both as a pro (early years) and every sense on my own cars.

I have about three of the DCS 310 units.

I ran one on my 74 Chevy G20 Van for most of the 1980s, and on a 78 G20. Both had a fuel return line BUT at the fuel pump and one line up to the carb.

I also have done a lot of work on MPG getting a 2000 Mercury to 35MPG in a test setup.

Now as for these units: The problem is on cars/trucks with return lines. I foxed that by bypassing the TBI’s internal fuel pressure unit and adding an external aftermarket fuel pressure control which added being able to adjust pressure and at that unit tied in the return line so that I now had a single fuel feed line to put the flow sensor on.

Newer cars no longer have a return line as they were outlawed for heating up the fuel in the tank and causing more vapor. The return is not in the in tank fuel pump.

I read all though this tread and I did not see any results from the fuel injection unit…so what happened?? I tried using the bad wiring diagram and it did not work.

MEANWHILE on all my newer cars and trucks after 1996, I run a Scan Gauge II.

AND I also run a MPGunio which can be used on older cars and trucks.

You can look this up here: https://ecomodder.com/wiki/MPGuino

Currently I have one in my 93 Chevy van.

As I will be switching to a TPI system with higher fuel pressure I found a flow sensor that is made for HIGHER fuel pressures and will see what I need to do to make these work with the DCS 310, I think the pulse rate is higher and may need a count reducer.

I am building a low RPM 383 to run a 4L80E transmission with a US Gear Dual Range Overdrive with the hope of getting better that 20MPG and hope for 30MPG…

I am also planning on putting a old Borg Warner Overdrive removed from a 3 speed between the transmission and the rear end of my 03 Ford Explorer and my tests show it can get 30MPG at 49MPH and 1500RPMs.
racprops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 05:46 PM   #91

silver springs , Florida
I realize this is an old thread, but hoping someone can help me. I have a NOS Zemco ZT-1 with cruise control. However, the paperwork is missing. I am hoping someone might have the installation instructions, and operating instructions, they could send me. I have some experience with the computer as I have a ZT-4 on my 1964 Plymouth Valiant. I would like to install the ZT-1 with cruise on my 1984 Dodge race car hauler.
PS: Not looking for a "freebee", willing to pay a nominal amount. TIA
Charrlie_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 05:43 AM   #92
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Phoenix , Arizona
I have a limited copies of instructions.

Contact me by Private Message I will send you them.

Rich
racprops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 07:07 AM   #93

silver springs , Florida
I have sent two PM's. I would still like to get the paperwork. Thanks
Charlie
Charrlie_S is offline   Reply With Quote