Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2005, 03:01 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Transmission Filter

My 1994 Land Yacht MH has a Tekonsha transmission cooler which as a screw on filter (#4016). Anyone know where these can be found or a good replacement?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad
My 1994 Land Yacht MH has a Tekonsha transmission cooler which as a screw on filter (#4016). Anyone know where these can be found or a good replacement?

Thanks
Try NAPA, they may have to cross-reference it to their own brand.
I also found a post that shows another possible brand, and a few user tips:

In-Line Filters. I've had one for a year and due for a replacement and "surgery" next year. But my unit is made by Tekonsha (#4350A.) It is call "MagFilter" and goes in the A/T return line. In addition it has a very strong magnet ring inside, you stick a nail to the plastic cover and it will hold it. Should be replaced every 15K to 20K mi. and it's about $28Cdn. I've been running with this setup in -36F (-38C) no problems. It filters down to 30 microns. For more info call Tekonsha 800-325-5860 (for your local distributor) [Note: IPD now sells this filter for both A/T and P/S line applications; Wix sells the same unit under their label.] After I changed it I opened the used one. I found that the magnet inside was foul with metallic particles (it looked like grease, because the metal dust was mixed with ATF).
Return line: The top line is the return line. You can check it by connecting a hose to the end from radiator (disconnect the "+" wire on the ignition coil) and try to start the car, you'll see ATF coming out of the line on radiator end. [Another note:] Hurst now makes a filter unit that splices into the transmission fluid lines. It uses a Fram oil filter as the filtering element.

Terry
Old 07-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #3

hemet , California
transmission filter

Hi,
I'm having the same difficulty you had, I called tekonsha, they say they dont sell anymore or support this product. Did you happen to find a suitable replacement filter. I have the metal screw-on filter also, cant see the part number on it but I'll bet it's 4016 like yours. I sure would like to buy the filter before i flush the transmission fluid.
Thanks,
Steve Strandberg
stranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #4

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
. , British Columbia
Just to let everyone know, it's a NAPA 1324 or a wix 51324.

Was hunting for it for a customer of mine, and that's what I came up with.

I know this thread is old, but I hope the information does help.
saeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Lopez Island , Washington
If you're looking for filters, filterbarn.com has good prices and an excellent cross reference capability; I've ordered from them before and was quite pleased.

- Bart
barts is offline   Reply With Quote