Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Mechanics Corner - Engines, Transmission & More...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2003, 04:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Isuzu Diesel fan shroud

I am in the process of upgrading the cooling system in my 1981 Excella Diesel. I installed a super cool high efficiency radiator but the shop recommends installing a fan shroud also. Did Airstream furnish a fan shroud or are any available? The Isuzu was a replacement for the 454 that was originally supplied in the P-30.

Dick
dienst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 04:26 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Fun-Lovin
How about an alternative
Instead of installing a fan thats attached to the engine install an electric fan with thermostat control directly to the radiator. These fans are more effecient than the old flex style fan and have their own shroud. Another advantage here is you will regain back a few horses under your hood that you loose from the old style flex fan. These are available at most auto parts like Pep-Boys or Autozone.
Best of luck,

Greg
Fun-Lovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 05:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
the electric fan is a great fan but it doesnt come close to moving the same cfm that the oem moves. they work great for cars and small vehicles. but auto zone will tell you not to go electric plus the electric fans are not very dependable i have had two autozone pusher fans on the front of my radiator and they last about a year. and usually quit in the middle of no where.
go see mr good wrench and look for a fan shroud. i had to get a new shroud for my coach and the p-30 shroud will not work. but the p-32 will. just to be on the safe side take your vin no with you and have them order from the vin that way you will get the right part. and hold your breath when the tell you what a shroud cost. lol
al
2004 classic 28 WB , Pro Pride P-3 hitch
centramatics wheel ballancers 300-556
wb13798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 09:18 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1982 31' Airstream 310
Longview , Washington
Rivet

My MH heated up all the time starting up a hell and Exhaurt tenp went up over 10 also. I installed 4" exhaust on My MH and My Isusu don't heat up, Exhaurt tenp is down. and more power.
alfalsetto is offline   Reply With Quote