Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2004, 04:18 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to jim8860
How much tongue weight ?

How much weight can I put on the back of my 1995 MH LY. I have been getting different answers. I have seen other brand MH with car trailer behind them. What do you think? Can I pull a Jeep Wrangler on a trailer? Any info would be helpful. Thanks Jim
jim8860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 05:11 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Tongue Wt

Jim
I'm surprised you haven't an answer yet from the forum. This question has come up several times before. I would suggest two things.

One, do a search on the forum and see what comes up.

Two, call A/S direct and ask them the question. The dealer should know in most cases but the factory knows in all cases. I have called them several times and always gotten good info. Sometimes it takes a while for them to call back but they always do.

Just as a reference point, my 83 280 Turbo Diesel manual sez 2000 lbs. I have been under my unit and the limiting factor seems to be the frame construction, can't be made stronger because my grey and black water tanks are mounted just in front of the rear bumber.

Towing capacity is mostly related to structural strength, not engine size. Next comes the size of the tower and the towee.

Just a thought.
Rick
Rick
gwteale is offline   Reply With Quote