Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2004, 05:28 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
A picture is worth a thousand words

Quote:
Originally Posted by redynvre
But where could it be? How big would the pump be?...

Pic #1 is a shot from the curb side -- the "safe" is visible just at the very top of the picture.

Pic #2 shows the filter & pump in place. The pump is a Carter "Green".

Pic #3 is just one more view.

The Pump and Filter assembly are to the rear of the Grey Water Tank and just in front of the Fuel Tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Electric Pump - Safe on top.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	8752   Click image for larger version

Name:	Carter Green pump.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	8753  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Electric Pump Close Up.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	8754  

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 06:05 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

, California
Thanks Dennis,

Now, I know for sure that I don't have one!

I konw now what to do....

Thank you all very much for your help!

Francois.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:13 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1989 37' Airstream 370
Beverly Hills , Florida
Smile

Forumees.......

This is just an FYI post related to the fuel pump thread.

Yesterday, I took my 1989 370 LE to get gas. About 3 minutes after I had parked and turned off the ignition after arriving back home, I decided to turn the engine back on. It wouldn't start. It turned over but sounded gas starved. I went to the rear of the MH to see if I could hear the fuel pump operating and did not. I crawled underneath and while my wife turned the key to start I measured the voltage to the pump. Zero, zip, nada. Since I don't have a schematic of my fuse panel denoting which fuse protects which circuit, I pulled them all out one by one to try and find a blown one. As usual, the last one did the trick. There was a 30 amp circuit breaker protecting the fuel pump circuit that had gone bad. I proved the fault by installing a 30 amp fuse and the MH fired right up. I then re-installed the circuit breaker and no dice.

Today, I bought a new 30 amp circuit breaker from NAPA and installed it. Just to be sure, I re-installed the old circuit breaker to be sure it hadn't cooled and became servicable again. No luck.

Just in case anybody's interested, I have a Ford 460 on a Gillig chassis. The 30 amp circuit breaker for the fuel pump is in fuse slot designated F2 on the Gillig fuse block on my MH.

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on a schematic or diagram denoting which fuses protect which circuits relative to their fuse block position?
Old 09-20-2004, 04:54 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

The Oil Pressure Switch can go Bad

I had an engine failure in Newfoundland on a Caravan. If the electric pump is not working the engine starts but has no power and will stall when you apply gas. It turned out that the oil pressure switch had failed open. We simply by-passed the switch and continued on to the ferry. By the way after about 10 years of operation all of the gas filters where clean.
Howard Lefkowitz is offline   Reply With Quote