Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2023, 10:23 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Metabief , Doubs
Hi, so here is some news from my case.

So I didn't receive the electronic control module. It was returned by customs to the sender for "prohibited content" 🤔😬 Sometimes human stupidity leaves me speechless. In short, I tell myself that I will assume that mine works well for the moment 😅

Otherwise I received and change the ignition harness. By dismantling by the way, I have one of the wire who gave up (quite easily) so I think that it could certainly contribute to the problem as well.
In any case, the engine runs better and the idle is much more stable too. I imagine it will also improve fuel consumption a bit. 🤔 I will go for a walk with today to check that this problem is solved.
In the meantime I attach a picture of the ignition cable. If it turns out it was maybe not the only one to be defective
Manu25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 06:47 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1965 24' Tradewind
Chestertown , Maryland
Thatís a really bad wire! It has to run better with that removed. Send me a direct message with your address and I will mail you an ignition module.
jcslocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 10:27 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Metabief , Doubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcslocum View Post
Thatís a really bad wire! It has to run better with that removed. Send me a direct message with your address and I will mail you an ignition module.
Oh but then it's really very nice of you. Thank you very much. 🙏 I will send you my address, but then let me also let yours so that I can send you something from us 😊😉
Old 07-09-2023, 10:57 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Metabief , Doubs
I wanted to share with you another small problem that I just had for the 3rd time in a row.
When my RV is stopped for about a fortnight, the time that the gasoline evaporates from the carburetor tank, I can not restart because the needle remains stuck in the closed position.

I noticed this after checking that the gasoline was coming to the carburetor but not in it. I then tapped on the carburetor with a sufficiently heavy metal rod and I clearly heard the float come down and thus release the gasoline supply.
Has this ever happened to you? What can this come from? I had changed the needle for a new one but not the cage because the size of the sprinkler was too important.
After the first time this happened I suspected that it came from the needle and I put the old one back but it happened twice in a row. It's a bit annoying.
I tried engine turning off the power supply to the electric pump since I can do it on the dashboard to empty the carburetor tank. I said to myself, so the float will stay down and the fuel will arrive correctly at the next restart. But it was not effective. I had to "bang" on the carburetor again for the gasoline to get in.
I confess that I do not understand this phenomenon. Especially since once started I have no more problems, the engine runs well without holes or misfires.
If you have an idea, I'm all for it. It really bothers me to have to disassemble this carburetor again. I no longer have enough fingers to count the number of times I did it. 🙄😅
Old 07-10-2023, 11:04 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Honokaa , Hawaii
Iím no carburetor expert, but the advice in the first sentence here: https://www.carburetor-blog.com/know...adrajet-float/ might apply.
Waipio Rim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 10:25 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Metabief , Doubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waipio Rim View Post
Iím no carburetor expert, but the advice in the first sentence here: https://www.carburetor-blog.com/know...adrajet-float/ might apply.
Hi Waipio, thank you very much for the link, you hit the bull's eye, I disassembled the carburetor after reading this and indeed I had made a mistake by reassembling the needle, I had slipped the agraph into one of the small holes on the arm of the float .. 🙄

A little distraction and immediately hours of work and puzzles. It doesn't matter much sometimes. In any case, thank you again for your help hoping that this time the carburation problems are behind me ..

Good day to you all and long live our big toys 🙏😅😊
Old 07-14-2023, 10:32 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Metabief , Doubs
A small question while I think about it, maybe one of you knows the system that will meet my expectations.

I would like to connect the gas inlet, just before the carburetor, with the return hose to the fuel tank. Are you aware of such a device? Something like a T with a spring valve that opens as soon as the pressure reaches an X value.

Best regards, Manu
Old 07-31-2023, 02:26 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1984 27' Airstream 270
West Chester , Ohio
Sounds like you have an electric fuel pump. My electric pump is back by the tank to push fuel, and I added this regulator at the location of the original mechanical pump. Allows control of fuel pressure before the carb and return line connected here

[ATTACH]434899

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15906K/10002/-1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4192.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	434899  
Kvsterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 04:59 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvsterling View Post
Sounds like you have an electric fuel pump. My electric pump is back by the tank to push fuel, and I added this regulator at the location of the original mechanical pump. Allows control of fuel pressure before the carb and return line connected here

[ATTACH]434899

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15906K/10002/-1
That's a great way to add a return line when eliminating the mechanical pump.

Thanks for the tip.
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 10:49 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Metabief , Doubs
Hello Kvsterling,
This is really a great idea!! Thank you very much for your help 👌👍