Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Dash a/c vacuum hoses

The heater/ac control switch on our 84 310 was busted up pretty good when we got the MH. I've managed to locate a replacement switch and while removing the old one I found that one of the vacuum hoses was pulled from the connector. And to make matters worse one slipped out while removing the old assembly.

So, doing a search I ran across the following thread http://www.airforums.com/forums/f159...nes-22451.html which included a nice breakdown of how the switch is wired and plumbed. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to quite match how mine is laid out. Also I have a white tube in place of the yellow one. My blue and red hoses were the ones that were pulled out of the back so I don't really know where they go. To make matters worse the plug assembly has some of the holes blanked which makes those a no brainer when it comes to not plugging a hose in

Could someone with the same color hose combination Blue, Red, Black & White point to where each of the tubes go? I did verify using a Mity VAC that the Red, Blue and White are tied to servos and they seem to be working fine. The black hose I believe is the vacuum supply line and it has no vacuum on it while the engine is running. Anyone know where that tube originates? I'm planning on pulling the dog house cover tomorrow evening to see if I can pin point its point of origin.

While I'm inside the dash I also plan on fixing the vacuum line to the fuel economy gauge. Always makes me feel bad when I see it hit the red

Of course once I get the vacuum feed line working I can probably figure it all out for myself. But then, where's the fun in that

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:37 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Heater Controler

Could you post a picture of the controller?
I really looks like the heater controler out of dodge vans of the 1980s decade. If that is the case, parts could be readily avaliable and cheaper.
Beginner
Beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginner
Could you post a picture of the controller?
I really looks like the heater controler out of dodge vans of the 1980s decade. If that is the case, parts could be readily avaliable and cheaper.
Beginner
Beginner, I managed to sort the mess out a few days ago. Part of my problem is I'm now having to wear reading glasses and I'm finding it hard at times to know just what I'm looking at

Anyway, I looked closer and finally realised there were only 4 openings in the plug going into the switch so all it took was some swapping lines around to get things sorted out. I even managed to fix the vacuum line that goes to the fuel economy gauge. I found a receipt from the PO that indicated the mechanic cut the line and plugged it "because of a vacuum leak under the dash somewhere was keeping it from passing the smog test". The PO didn't want to pay the extra money it would take to fix it

The job is done and I'm now onto other items that have to be fixed before our trip.

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote