Old 10-08-2018, 09:54 AM   #501
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by choctawmel View Post
Well rats:<( Took the Silver Bullet to the 'race' shop and dropped $$$ to have them pressurize the inlet and does it leak! The thin wall aluminum tube I'm using is too weak to allow the claps to be tighten enough to stop the leaks. I ordered a cast aluminum 45 degree elbow and some more 3 inch silicon tube.
They left the straight fitting they used to hook there shop air to that did have a elbow with a bleed hole in it to keep the waste gate closed longer. The bleed hole works. Without it I lost 10 psi of boost

NOW the dash air blower's now working Start by checking to power to the blower motor.

Always pays to use quality components in the first place. Especially true on pressurized systems.

92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:47 PM   #502
Silver Bullet

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
choctaw , Oklahoma
rework

I've been happy with the way this Cummins has done...... That is until a trip to the high mountains of Colorado last year. On the way back I was cruising down US 412 into Morrison, OK where the local police stopped me. I know i was speeding but He wanted to tell about was, 'A cummins in an Airstream'. He gave me the name/number of a guy that 'knows everything about a 12v Cummins'. Then the cop ask me if I know why I was stopped..... "well, I was going a lot of the 35" Where as he point back up the road and said, "You see those flashing lights? That's a school Zone." He didn't give me a ticket.... He didn't even ask for my drivers license. Anyway I called the guy and he didn't know anything. Story of my life.
Then fate struck while I was at a 'Home & Garden Show there was a bunch of dirt/mud racers with a super cherry old(but look better than new) International Scot with 4BT Cummins in it. Now I have a name of someone that knows what I need. Fast forward about 5 months and the guy looked at the setup: Radiator is too small, air/water intercooler is way-way too small, Fan's too small, and fan shroud is too big.
Front is back out as I wait parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03032.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	417.8 KB
ID:	365058
So, here I am with the nose all opened up again. I'm going to promise NOT to use the internet sales people for anything to do with diesel power!!!!! They really don't know crap!

choctawmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:57 PM   #503
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic S/O
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
north blenheim , New York
So true, good to hear from you ! Regards, Bob
bobmiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:56 AM   #504
Silver Bullet

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
choctaw , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmiller1 View Post
So true, good to hear from you ! Regards, Bob
It's good to be back. Been down with more surgeries. Two more on my replacement knee and another in December.

Wish I had found this guy 3-4 years ago. The inter cooler I have was sold to me to be good for up to 400hp. The guy said that may be true it you're running through an ice chest on an LS engine for 1/4 mile.

He said the turbo is making booth, but the cooler is blocking it from the inlet.

I hope that with these RIGHT parts I can began refueling with different fuel cam plate and the larger injectors w/o high EGT.

choctawmel is offline   Reply With Quote