Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2019, 05:14 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1977 28' Argosy 28
Baytown , Texas
1977 argosy 28 454 motor mounts

I can't seem to find motor mounts that fit. Anyone else had this problem? I order them for the 77 p30 454 and the angle ends up being wrong and the bolt wont go through. I'd love to get a poly set as my power is up dramatically from the original.
Jjona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
Airstreamin’

1977 Argosy 28
Englewood , Florida
Question

Hi, this my first post. I don’t have any info about motor mounts for you. Sorry about that.
Our family bought a 1977 Argosy/Airstream 28 ft. Rear bath configuration. We have had a few of the mechanical issues as to be expected.
Did you have yours renovated or was it kept in decent condition ?
It’s nice to know there’s another out there on the road.
Any info you could share would be welcomed.
Thanks, jae
Old 09-22-2019, 10:21 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Menomonee Falls , Wisconsin
Hey,
Did the motor mounts you bought, bolt up to the cross member? If so, the motor kinda tips rearward, so the bolts will go in from the back, but when you get to the front of the mount , they won't go in the holes. Question, does your bolts have a tapered end, or do they look like a 4 inch long bolt. If you got the tapered end, that is the correct bolt. Kinda tap on it with a hammer,until you feel it get solid. You should be able to walk it into the nut. Sometimes you gotta tap on them as your turning the Rachet. Once it's in, it lol turn kinda tough, but as you get further into nut, it lol get easier, use anti seize. Good stuff. When your done, take a look at the rubber. It s got a pretty noticeable twist to it. Hope this helps. I think it would be a beast to use poly mounts. And they are so hard, you may get some engine reverberation coming through the frame. Poly is great, you lol never need another set of mounts, but they re really for race applications. With the horsepower we got in our AS s you could go 100 K miles on rubber mounts. Just my 2 cents there. DJ
davejay is offline   Reply With Quote