Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2003, 06:21 PM   #1
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
your next Airstream Motorhome

What if you would have known everything you know now. Which model/lenght/configuration would be your perfect Airstream Motorhome?
Thanks to Fred and his great web site, this is my favorite:
1988 -290
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
I do like my 345, but if I were to buy another:

1) 345 with island queen
2) 310 diesel with big rear bed
3) 95 360

I really would like mine with a overdrive transmission so I could cruise the highways at low RPM's and 70mph. Also, 2 electric cooling fans! With 2 growing boys and 2 dogs, we need our space!
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 10:55 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
My 280 is a great length for most of our uses, drives almost like a big van, easy to park and maneuver.
At times I wish I had the rear bedroom like a 310, mainly because the bathroom would be in between the front and rear areas, instead of a walk thru the bedroom. Not complaining though!! I continue to enjoy mine as I get to know it better, and we continue to make it our own.
I have to say thought the 'pickins" were slim when I was looking for one, and it seems they still are. I have seen many more 345's for sale ( and much higher priced than the smaller units) than I have seen anything under 31'.
Noticed too that the prices seem to be rising on most models over the past year.
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 12:45 AM   #4
30 yr Airstreamer

2018 16' Sport
Port Townsend , Washington
shorter lengths vs creature comforts

Everyone likes those private rear bedrooms in the longer models, including me. But the shorter lengths (24-28ft) are tops in my book. The 25 ft AS MH I have now will be great manuvering around in parking lots and campgrounds. Its like driving a big van. I like the semi private rear bed layout with the dinette and flip sofa. Great size for a couple and one child. Besides those short Airstream MotorHomes and Trailers are just so darn cool. I once saw a 20ft Argosy that had been polished and painted in Airstream colors, it was a show stopper. I'd like to see Airstream build a short length classic MH with the new Bambie floor plan.
evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 08:49 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Griffin , Georgia
My wife and I decided on 30' as a max length.
this will allow us to stay at any state park and she feels that this is about all she can drive.
so our 28' MH fits that .
the more we are around it the more we realize that this was a good decision for us.
this is easy to back up and turn around . getting in and out of my driveway is dream. Driving it around small towns seems to be ok at least so far
the inside is big enough for us and our 13 year old son.
After putting a 1000 miles on it I'll keep this MH and this size

much help was gained from
Fred's Airstream Motorhome Archives
http://www.geocities.com/fredhinds/a...airstream.html
jpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 12:06 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Lover ours TOO

We really have fallen in love with our 28' center bath. The layout works really well for us with two kids (2 & 6). We can put them to bed early, and still stay up in the front.
The only drawn back (as with any MH) is we have to take along an extra set of wheels to run to the store, wood shack, etc.
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 10:30 PM   #7

Thumbs up 1990 Land Yacht

I just purchased a 1990 Land Yacht, 36' w/tag axle. We are full timers and have been living since 4/02 in a 1982 Cross Country by Sports Coach, 26'. The extra 10' we may rent out oopps can't do that, that 10' would be our walk around queen bed. We will take delivery Tue, and wrap things up here in Springfield, IL and head West to Yuma, AZ. I do not have any specs concerning the Airstream; like gas tank capacity? fresh water storage? grey water storage? black water storage? Do you have any idea where I might obtain some info concerning my 1990?