Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-10-2002, 08:19 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
..." The loo "...

Hi ALL...
...I just seen an advert on t.v. for a LOO-SEAT, that you fasten to your vehicle bumper, named a " BUMPER-DUMPER ".
Mainly for the campers...does that bring back a few memories !!..LOL...I guess U guys got it ALL covered...HOPE u guys don't take offence...but " Only in AMERICA "....
Have a GOOD DAY 2day...Chris.....
Old 11-10-2002, 08:22 AM   #2
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
Only in America- if you make it, someone will buy it. We even have "As Seen On TV" stores to sell all this stuff.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 11:01 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Re-Make....

Hi John...
On our last visit 2 your wonderful land in '00, we went 2 the local flee & farmers mart at St. Cloud, There was a Guy at his stall selling all this " SEEN ON TV "...stuff, U kn, the things like left handed corkscrews...l/h can openers, and ALL sorts of things, of which afterwards the D/Ws voice still rings out...WHAT u buy that for...well u never kn when U need it...goodness kns what it is???...I've had it 2 years and still can't get it out of the box... , some kind of multitool that's realy ...LOL
It never FAILS 2 amuse me at all the NEW inventions, my mate once had an old TRIUMPH HERALD , he fitted all these gauges in, temp, oil pressure, amps, fuel, vaccum, clock and U kn what...only if U were in the car, then would U see them,
I'm sure he only fitted 'em, 'cos they LIT UP with the lights on...lol., He insisted they WERE vital 2 the reliability of the car...which was total RUBBISH...if anyone had the most UN-reliable vehicle in the world...YES it was HIM...
Well my D/W says us MEN r jus little boys in LONG trousers, as long as we keep 'em sweet...let's keep buying the stuff..
Have a good evening ...Chris.....
Old 11-10-2002, 04:33 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
We just got back from a stay in a REALLY NICE small luxury resort in the mountains...they had, are you ready for this Chris...heated toilet seats! Suppose I can get one for Maxwell? It'd take the chill off those chilly nights camping in Colorado...

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 05:01 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1965 20' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Uncle Booger's Bumper Dumper®
® U.S. Patent # 6125480

Sorry Chris, it is not "Only in America" this time.

This one is "Only in Texas"

The company that makes and sells these is in Houston, TX !! Man we do some of the stupidest stuff down here

My brother-in-law, a rancher/farmer has one of these stored behind the seat of his pick-up truck. Right next to his shotgun. Claims he uses the Bumper Dumper® all the time.

-BobbyWright

-"You want to make it two inches - or, if you're working in centimeters, make sure it's enough centimeters for two inches."-Red Green
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 12:11 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Loo laugh...

Hi Guys...
Well, if laughter is the curing tonic, I'll NEVER be ill agn...lol...BobbyW...thank's for posting those fotos...for once I was speechless...just a quickie here...I once went into a tyre dept:, to get 2 tyres fitted, I asked for middle range ones, as my car at the time, was a wide heavy front wheel drive, and ATE tyres for breakfast, I was asked if I wanted RE-MOULDS, I told the guy I would'nt fit 'em on my garden barrow, he told me...whilst there IS a demand for them, I'll sell 'em...gotta make a living, so back to the SEAT, well we gotta go...and what a way to go, next you'll b telling me they do an all around CURTAIN for privicey...lmAo....
Inside Out....U mean 2say they got ELECTRIC up in thar those hills...so much that they have 2find uses for it, as they don't like 2waste things...what happens in the HOT season...sit on a AIR/CON seat... ,...only in TX...
Well I'm real glad U all enjoy this forum, I DO, big 10-4.
as U may kn we over here R coming over THERE on THURSDAY, for out 21 night vacation in FL:. I'm gonna miss this site, I can tell U that 4 nothing...but if I can find a way on I WILL...
So take care now, B-GOOD...Chris.....GOD BLESS AMERICA....
Old 11-11-2002, 03:42 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Cornville , Arizona
Wink Loo Laughs

Looks kind of high!! If you fall off that one you'll need your wheels alligned!!! Also needs two accessories One is obvious and the other is a first aid kit....... Needs handle grips- must be optional !! Better tell the driver what you are doing or you might find yourself going down the road at 90 miles an hour blowing in the wind backwards!! [Make sure that hitch bin is locked!! One caveate 'You'll need that if you join coast to coast!!. Wife says It's an improvement over the one in our trailer!![Hates my trailer] MY 'English' wife should talk. First house we owned had 7 full bathrooms [we liked to read] and still complained......Wanted 7 maids!!! Never satisfied. Tom
Old 11-11-2002, 04:25 PM   #8
Airstream Driver

1994 30' Excella
1992 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Chris, you have a great trip to Florida.
It's too bad that Austin, Texas is so far away, because I would invite you to spend a night in our Airstream, so you can get a feel of what it is all about.
So, remember that, If the wind ever blows you to Texas!
AIR #13
PeterH-350LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 04:29 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Peter,

I feel a little smug. We are meeting Chris this Sunday after our rally and giving him a tour of our MH.

I am also delivering 10 chocolate Airstreams to him. I can hardly wait until Sunday.
Old 11-11-2002, 05:48 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Hey Shari.......

A cold seat is better than a CACTUS THORN!!!! Oscar
Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:55 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Jus Hi...

Only ME agn...
Jus a quickie....
Thanx 4 the great in/output on this Forum...sorry I may NOT b able 2 post in the nxt 3 wks, as U kn We're over there with U,
I've bn LAUGHING my butt off all day abt that "mobile LOO"...
Any one know if DOLLAR supply 'em for the RENTALS...Hee Hee ... Did any of U guys TRY-b4-U-BUY...maybe ONLY in TX..." Hear they do a GOOD steak too..."lol,
Cheers GUYS...
Edie G....Bet U a $ I'm MORE excited than U abt SUNDAY....
PLEEEEEEASE don't 4get my CHOC-A-VANS...Mmmmm!!!!....
Bye ALL...Chris....Beep Beep.......
Old 11-12-2002, 06:01 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Most of the local libraries here in the USA have internet access...time limited to about an hour though...or you could visit a local coffee house and log on there...I'll miss reading (er...trying to interpret your slang). What does lol mean by the way?
zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 07:05 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Laughing Out Loud

I thought I remembered a thread that was started a long time ago that listed a bunch of common forum acronyms...I couldn't find it though so here's a link to an acronym definition website. Might make getting through Chris's posts a little easier...then maybe not!

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 01:28 AM   #14
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
BYE...BYE......

HI ALL...
Going....going.....GONE...sure hope that dumper seat is PRE-WARMED...LMAO...Ohpoo !!!...Chris.....
I'M ON V A C A T I O N ......... ...C-YA.....
Old 11-13-2002, 01:43 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up Wave..

Hey Chris~!

HAVE A SAFE AND MOST ENJOYABLE TRIP..
Get a chance..eat a TURKEY...lmao

ciao~
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 04:37 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Quote:
We are meeting Chris this Sunday after our rally and giving him a tour of our MH.
We met Chris and his son, Mark in a parking lot last Sunday. Chris is just as much fun in person as he is on the forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chris-mark cropped for forum.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	873  
Old 12-08-2002, 04:18 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
What a day.

Hi ALL...
Well I'm back, hope this time out of mine U Guys chance to brush up on Yr English...lol.
After the taxi taking the Girlies out to the local shopping mall, to put the credit card into MELT-DOWN mode one...lo, my son Mark & I set out to meet Edie & Brett, at K-mart, Clermont, funny how we kinda found the place, with no trouble at all...we kinda got there early, so we swopped notes of the different types of units we saw, heading away from us as we neared our meeting spot, there were 5th wheelers galore, and so many other types of A/Ss & Mh/Rvs, we could'nt take them all in, we did manage to look at a local fire truck in the carpark, and speak with the fire crew, he liked my 911 commemorative pin, sure I saw a tear in his eyes...
As we were a little early, we took some breakfast at the K-Mart cafe...after thet we went outside...and saw a huge M/H...yes it was Edie & Brett, who gave us both a huge welcome, THANKS GUYS, it was'nt long b4 we were chatting like a ladies knitting group...lol, as talking IS my prize asset...
I was amazed at the number of little cubby holes it had to stow things away...kinda reminded me of my D/Ws money purse...
which by this time must be almost EMPTY...lol...Bless her.....
Windsor was a sight 4 sore eyes, as our own PUP was at the kennels for his vacation, Puppyville I named it...missed him lots...however, Edie & Brett let us both look over their unit, and explained all about with great prideness, it was a lesson for the 5 of us...we took some fotos, ( I'll get my D/D to put some on the site...)...and said our goodbyes, as E & B still had to get back home to tampa way, a good 100 miles away...Both Mark & myself, THANK them both, very, very much for thier hospitality, and mainly for putting up with my chatting, of which I hope their EARS are better now...lmao...BIG thanks again...it was a great day for us both...and thanks for a great FORUM...
...Chris.....
Old 12-08-2002, 04:58 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up Welcome back~

Chris...Thanks for all the updates~! You not gettin away that easy.. let's have more of your vacation..lol
Sounds like you had a FANTASTIC time~ As well, your D/W & D/D spending your money~
Does this mean you're in the RED yet?? lol
BTW, pop me off an email with your complete home addy..We want to send something over your way..if you don't mine..
YOU BETTER NOT MIND...lol
ciao
T7
Attached Images

NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 10:17 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
In the red...

Hi all...
Did U mention RED...Hee Hee...Well I have to admit we spent a LOT of big $$$$$ between us, that's jus my D/W an I. I spent the LEAST...There MUST be a knack to spending money...guess it's a WOMENS thing...lol, well it was very enjoyable, I found myself buyin lots of silly things that I have NO real use for...I won't hold Wally World responsible for that though, Oh !!!...what a GREAT store, I actualy rode one of those 3 wheeler bikes up & down the aisle, an NO-ONE batted a eyelid, gee I sure felt YOUNG agn...lol.
We came back with some money...so I'll try an save it for a newer car...( I've bn sayin that now for 6 years )....But 2b honest...we ALL had a fab time, an it WAS worth it, and hope 2b bk in 2005...
I have LOTS of little tales 2 tell, but as they are NOT A/S or R/V related I feel it is UNFAIR 2 clog up this site with my joys of Yr beautiful land...We never realy left...we're jus vacating bk in 'lil ole England...
I was bk at WORK 2day...what a dive...Chris.....