Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2003, 02:16 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Rear suspension questions

OK, I got the front air bags in, new shocks, and it's a huge improvement (although I would pay to have it done again!).
When I took her out for a test drive, I noticed that there was an odd sound from the rear end ( I had noticed it before, but it got louder). When I looked under the back, I noticed that one of the brackets that hold the anti-sway bars was gone in the front, and the bar was about one inch from the frame with the rubber having slid down the bar.
So I'm wondering... when the rear of my 79 28' Excella gets low, I just add more air to the air bags (auto leveling has been removed). At the moment, the arm that they attach to on the bottom is angled down with the bags extended... should they be level with the coach?
Should there be tension on the anti sway bar?
Should I figure out how to rotate the springs to give more tension (mentioned in the manual)?

What is the main component that sets the rear end height... springs or airbags?

Thanks, Sebastian
Sebastian DeWitt is offline   Reply With Quote