Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Menomonee Falls , Wisconsin
Polishing your Alcoa wheels

Hey,
Last night I was fiddling around , feeling old and thinking about turning 61. Somehow, my grinder came to me, and said , Dave, you need to polish something. So, I got out my mothers polish put a buffing pad on my de Walt grinder and commenced polishing my wheels Got paste all over my face, but man, I thought they were shiney before. Try that. They really brightened up. I think a buffing set that has an adjustable trigger would be a better setup. But I was impressed. So I did the rear bumper of my 50 caddy. I went in the house with a bounce in my step, and a smile, shiny is good, air streams are shiny. So, logically, air streams are good. 61 is good too.....DJ
davejay is offline   Reply With Quote