Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
1975 26' Argosy 26
Placerville , California
Parts from 345 35 to 75 Argosy 26

I have a chance to pick up an early 80's 345...for free. Will any of the parts fit my 75 Argosy 26? Like windshield or windows? I don't need anything right now but a cracked windshield would cost a bunch to replace.
alhamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #2
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
I'm 99% sure that yes everything will fit, including the drivers and passenger side windows, however I strongly urge you to have a professional automotive glass guy come out to do the removal as keeping the gasket would be a bonus.

Are you parting the 345 out by chance? If so PM me for a couple things that I'd want to get off of it.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
I would welcome the opportunity to buy a few bits if you are parting it out. PM me if there is any chance

Thanks
Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Boom Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:39 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
1975 26' Argosy 26
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
I'm 99% sure that yes everything will fit, including the drivers and passenger side windows, however I strongly urge you to have a professional automotive glass guy come out to do the removal as keeping the gasket would be a bonus.

Are you parting the 345 out by chance? If so PM me for a couple things that I'd want to get off of it.

Cheers
Tony
Hi Tony
If I get it I will let you know. Its a bit of a challenge since Harold wants it gone but wifie thinks its worth big bucks. Its been sitting for over 10 years and has some damage from Harold's poor driving. Keep your fingers crossed and yes I will part it out. Thanks.
al
Old 04-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
1975 26' Argosy 26
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Sounds View Post
I would welcome the opportunity to buy a few bits if you are parting it out. PM me if there is any chance

Thanks
Nick

You're on the list too Nick.
al
Old 04-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
C'mon, you guys...

No buying and selling in a thread....some of you know better than this.

Maggie
Old 04-13-2017, 07:18 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhamilton View Post
I have a chance to pick up an early 80's 345...for free. Will any of the parts fit my 75 Argosy 26? Like windshield or windows? I don't need anything right now but a cracked windshield would cost a bunch to replace.
Al.

I've been down this exact same road, I dismantled a 345 several years ago

As others have mentioned all of the windows will fit your 75. However there are differences between the side windows from your 75 compared to the 345. The glass is the same but the frames and handles are different. I also agree that unless you're real comfortable handling those large windshields I would hire someone to remove them for you.

My 74 Argosy has a fair number of 345 parts installed. I even went so far as to change the doghouse opening cover over to the 345 cover because I liked it better.

Best way to sell the excess parts is to place an ad in the Classifieds. I think one mistake I made when dismantling and selling off the various excess parts was to underestimate just what parts others might be interested in. I still get requests for things that I tossed because I was sure no one would want. If you have the ability to store parts by all means do so. You just might be surprised that someday you could just make someone's day

If you have questions on how to dismantled and what to expect feel free to PM me.

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
Brad made my day, just the other day.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:13 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Auckland , New Zealand
I hope Harold's "wifie" gets her way and with some big bucks for it, then maybe someone with the right skills can bring it back together or if too bodily damaged have a suitable yard to part it out properly for future restores..and not to send these to a scrap metal dealer. Had enthusiastically followed a posting once as one appeared to be being rescued only to find out that it was being nackered, I'v never been the same since

Rus
Voltair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Austin , Texas
Tut Tut!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
C'mon, you guys...

No buying and selling in a thread....some of you know better than this.

Maggie
I guess I understand the "no buying and selling in a thread' as the backwards and forwards that goes along with chasing parts could clutter a specific thread. However, there is a need for Forum Members to be able to list and/or find parts for our aging Classic motorhomes. Craigs list is OK but why does not the forum have a "Marketplace for Classic Motorhome Parts" as an extension of Classified Parts and Appliances for example. Currently, as far as I can tell, I have to comb through hundreds of unrelated parts when a simple year, model, interior/exterior, part key word search would be a terrific solution.
The search capability of the Forum needs to be seriously updated and a powerful search capability for parts would, I'm sure attract more Members (i.e. ad viewing eyes)
chriscraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:05 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Why don't you use the Contact Us button at the bottom of the portal page and make those very excellent recommendations?

Thanks in advance for all y'all's cooperation.

Maggie
Old 04-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1991 25' Airstream 250
Oxford , Oxfordshire
Chris Craw - great idea and supports our mutual interest in keeping these coaches going.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:12 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Auckland , New Zealand
So please excuse my ignorance off Forums.
I hope I dont need for anymore parts ever again for my Classic Motorhome, but somehow I think I will, but what? Just don't know till the event happens! But listing or requesting on a thread that keeps current by yearly eg. 2017 that anyone can check for parts or offer parts, or know off parts all unofficially and not handled in a so called classified style, this way a running history can be managed by the thread itself and as I have gone into the forums section for Classic Motorhome owners I think I can send a note directly to the individual regarding haggling and not upset Maggie I feel that as these classic vehicles get older and dwinderling in number a loose tracking system should work well.
Duno if I have said anything but I have tried

Rus
Voltair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:43 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Franklin Park , Illinois
Oh Boy PARTS!
Sign me up
Seriously!!!
I don't care if its here, Craigslist or eBay
Just let me know
From bumpers to storage drawer latches, from air horns to tag axels
I'd love to have what you don't want or need
Grosspoluter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:08 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I suggest that all of you who would like a subforum here for parts use the Contact Us button at the bottom of the portal page to ask for that.

Can't hurt to ask, right?

Also....it's not about "upsetting Maggie" , it's about buying and selling only being allowed thru Classifieds here.

Failure to heed that, and which is why I've cautioned you, could cause this thread to be closed and/or simply deleted.

I'm sure that a lot of discrete buying and selling goes on via pm , it just can't be done openly in threads.

We delete threads for soliciting something or other, or selling outside of Classifieds, on a regular basis.

There's a reason buying and selling is limited to the Classifieds section here.

So....ask for what you want, and maybe you will get it.

Maggie
Old 04-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #16
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Well that was a waste of time.....

I did exactly what Lily suggested and got the expected reply back.

"Thank you for contacting Airstream Forums support desk. There is already a section titled Parts and Appliances. That would include motorhome parts.

Best Regards,
Lori - Social Knowledge Support Team "
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Well, not a waste of time, because she told you where parts could be listed and found.

Here is a link to that section of Classifieds...

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...pliances-more/

Maggie
Old 04-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #18
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Well, not a waste of time, because she told you where parts could be listed and found.

Here is a link to that section of Classifieds...

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...pliances-more/

Maggie
Yeah because trailer and motorhome parts are the same!
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:18 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
First of all there WAS NO SELLING OR BUYING OF PARTS IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!! The OP didn't even HAVE THE COACH TO BE PARTED OUT! So that's the first thing. The second is that he was just passing information that he MIGHT be getting a coach for free that he is considering parting out. You CANT BUY OR SELL SOMETHING YOU DONT HAVE! I'm sure he would list it in the classified IF HE OBTAINED IT. This type of information has been shared in threads many many times and no moderator has had a problem with it until lately. It is soooooooooooo rare that a Classic Motorhome becomes available for parts that it CANT be a continuous problem here on the forums. If it were something that happened on a regular basis I can see how it could become a problem, but it doesn't. This is just silly. There wasn't even any parts for sale.......no parts listed.....no prices....he doesn't even HAVE THE PARTS merely the possibility he may in the future. Silly!
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:33 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Ebro , Fla Panhandle
^ really! Just letting someone that is considering getting a parts rig, know that there is interest in parts is pretty far from buying or selling.

I guess we have to realize that there is a lot of scrutiny aimed our way, intent on keeping us in line. Even if we are allready.

Cheers Richard
tevake is offline   Reply With Quote