Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
At the price point of the Atlas, you have lots of competition.
I'd certainly look at all the class B's even if the name "Airstream" wasn't on top.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Love AS, but I am not a fan of this Class C model...layout and specifically the bed is an issue for me; not just the size, but the hassle of up/down daily?? For $200K+...really?? There are much more thoughtful models in same size out there using MBZ chassis, for a lot less money! Check out Tiffin or Thor models as an example.
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:53 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Curtis Wright
​201​9 Atlas​
Saint Cloud , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by String View Post
We are happy with the Airstream Atlas but have had some issues.
1. Air noise and squeaking around the main entrance door and we put a rubber seal around the door. This has really helped and no more squeaky door.
2. The sliding door in the bathroom would release and slam against the wall. I had to remove the door stop and made adjustments so the door stop fit properly.The rear magnet that also holds the door was bent out of shape and was adjusted.
Lots of other minor issues but they have been resolved. The Airstream Dealership is 300 miles away. The Airstream Factory been great to work with!!
Thank you for the update on your new Atlas.
RGJZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Cleveland , Georgia
You can pull down the bed with the slide in. You can't store the murphy bed with pillows or bulky bedding, but you can leave the sheets on.
Krikati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:08 AM   #25

2022 Atlas
Scituate , Mass
2022 Atlas

Hi,
We ordered an Atlas in February of 2021 and picked up October of 2022 due to material shortages to build it. After numerous times trying to get a delivery date, I received the email below from Airstream Director Steve Hartmann.

“We have fine-tuned the Atlas fiberglass and paint processes to be the best in the RV industry. It takes over 250 hours to complete this process to Airstreams standards. We have slowly ramped up with a few new employee’s, but it takes time to train them and we are behind schedule. We do not plan on cutting corners to catch up. That is not what Airstream does. We will continue to take our time so that you have the finest quality vehicle possible. I am sorry, but Airstream never compromises on quality.”

These are all the issues to date, it's presently in the shop awaiting parts for the luggage door alarm and canopy. Then it needs to be transported to Ohio to be painted, going to lose a month of camping. We then need to then fly from Boston to Ohio to pick up covering all those expenses with no reimbursements. It's been almost a year and still chasing repairs. Thankfully I'm retired as this has become a full-time job chasing Airstream.

1. Water lines never crimped and came apart at fittings. Water lines were leaking before we left the driveway on our first trip. It’s evident that these lines were never tested and raised concern if the same person was responsible for the LP gas lines.
2. Plugged into the two USB charging ports on the sofa and out popped a piece of black plastic rendering this unusable.
3. Exterior storage compartment door hits the exhaust pipe when opening and closing. This has resulted in the door finish being chipped off.
4. The USB charging port above the passenger’s seat is also not working
5. As we were driving on Route 95 an alarm sounded and the light flashed on the driver’s console. Managed to pull off the highway to see on the screen that the luggage door was open. Checked the door and it was closed and locked. This alarm continued to sound off at random times all the way home. My wife had to leave her seat to silence the alarm on the multiplex panel. Every time you start the Atlas alarm sounds.
6. I went to turn on the battery heater as the temperature was dropping the key just spins 360 degrees.
7. Caulking in the shower stall is very messy, told this was acceptable and standard workmanship for Airstream
8. Water pump is extremely loud and vibrates, was told all the water pumps are loud and vibrate in the Atlas
9. The large cabinet doors are falling off, the hinge screws are coming out.
10. In the help videos it says that a LP quick connect hose is provided, I never received the hose. Bought my own.
11. Wardrobe closet shelf falls from bracket; it was cut to short
12. The canopy when extended seems to be leaning on one side
13. When I received the Paperwork from Jason Rubin there was an addition $695 added on. I had a text message from Bethany Gibbas (Salesperson) showing all my costs would be when I agreed to purchase the Atlas from here and that $695 was not part of our agreement. But after 10 months of waiting, I was not going to refuse the Atlas at that point. I sent a couple of emails to both Jason and Bethann asking what the extra cost was for but never got a reply. When I was in conversation about purchasing the Atlas Bethany was emailing and texting but once the sale was completed, she has not answered on email.
14. My wife and I ended up recleaning when we got home as it was poorly cleaned by the Albany Airstream Dealership. It was like they did not know we were coming even know we had an appointment for the training. When we enter the Atlas there were these brown drops all over the Lux White sofa and seats.
New items:
1. After the canopy was adjusted the fabric got caught on the arm and ripped.
2. The exterior paint at the rear of the Atlas has stress cracks. Airstream is going to pick it up the Atlas the first week of October to be painted on October 24th. Once painted I need to fly my wife and I to Ohio to pick up the Atlas at my expense. Add a couple thousand for airfare and hotel, plus another month I will be paying for the Atlas but unable to use it.
3. The compartment panel under the passenger’s seat pops off when the door open. My wife stepped on it and nearly fell to the ground.

Tim
Tim Clinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 01:10 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Welcome to the Forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Clinton View Post
Hi,
We ordered an Atlas in February of 2021 and picked up October of 2022 due to material shortages to build it. After numerous times trying to get a delivery date, I received the email below from Airstream Director Steve Hartmann.

“We have fine-tuned the Atlas fiberglass and paint processes to be the best in the RV industry. It takes over 250 hours to complete this process to Airstreams standards. We have slowly ramped up with a few new employee’s, but it takes time to train them and we are behind schedule. We do not plan on cutting corners to catch up. That is not what Airstream does. We will continue to take our time so that you have the finest quality vehicle possible. I am sorry, but Airstream never compromises on quality.”

These are all the issues to date, it's presently in the shop awaiting parts for the luggage door alarm and canopy. Then it needs to be transported to Ohio to be painted, going to lose a month of camping. We then need to then fly from Boston to Ohio to pick up covering all those expenses with no reimbursements. It's been almost a year and still chasing repairs. Thankfully I'm retired as this has become a full-time job chasing Airstream.

1. Water lines never crimped and came apart at fittings. Water lines were leaking before we left the driveway on our first trip. It’s evident that these lines were never tested and raised concern if the same person was responsible for the LP gas lines.
2. Plugged into the two USB charging ports on the sofa and out popped a piece of black plastic rendering this unusable.
3. Exterior storage compartment door hits the exhaust pipe when opening and closing. This has resulted in the door finish being chipped off.
4. The USB charging port above the passenger’s seat is also not working
5. As we were driving on Route 95 an alarm sounded and the light flashed on the driver’s console. Managed to pull off the highway to see on the screen that the luggage door was open. Checked the door and it was closed and locked. This alarm continued to sound off at random times all the way home. My wife had to leave her seat to silence the alarm on the multiplex panel. Every time you start the Atlas alarm sounds.
6. I went to turn on the battery heater as the temperature was dropping the key just spins 360 degrees.
7. Caulking in the shower stall is very messy, told this was acceptable and standard workmanship for Airstream
8. Water pump is extremely loud and vibrates, was told all the water pumps are loud and vibrate in the Atlas
9. The large cabinet doors are falling off, the hinge screws are coming out.
10. In the help videos it says that a LP quick connect hose is provided, I never received the hose. Bought my own.
11. Wardrobe closet shelf falls from bracket; it was cut to short
12. The canopy when extended seems to be leaning on one side
13. When I received the Paperwork from Jason Rubin there was an addition $695 added on. I had a text message from Bethany Gibbas (Salesperson) showing all my costs would be when I agreed to purchase the Atlas from here and that $695 was not part of our agreement. But after 10 months of waiting, I was not going to refuse the Atlas at that point. I sent a couple of emails to both Jason and Bethann asking what the extra cost was for but never got a reply. When I was in conversation about purchasing the Atlas Bethany was emailing and texting but once the sale was completed, she has not answered on email.
14. My wife and I ended up recleaning when we got home as it was poorly cleaned by the Albany Airstream Dealership. It was like they did not know we were coming even know we had an appointment for the training. When we enter the Atlas there were these brown drops all over the Lux White sofa and seats.
New items:
1. After the canopy was adjusted the fabric got caught on the arm and ripped.
2. The exterior paint at the rear of the Atlas has stress cracks. Airstream is going to pick it up the Atlas the first week of October to be painted on October 24th. Once painted I need to fly my wife and I to Ohio to pick up the Atlas at my expense. Add a couple thousand for airfare and hotel, plus another month I will be paying for the Atlas but unable to use it.
3. The compartment panel under the passenger’s seat pops off when the door open. My wife stepped on it and nearly fell to the ground.

Tim
Sounds terrible experience...hope you get to a point where you can at least enjoy your investment. This is an old thread, for sure..Many folks here can either help answer questions or sympathize with your frustration. Hope your situation improves...
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote