Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-09-2016, 02:35 PM   #1

2017 Interstate Lounge Ext
Parker , Colorado
New 2017 Interstate problem/question on Fusion

Apologies in advance for the lamest question ever to hit a forum. It is lame because we cannot even figure out something as simple as the infotainment off switch!

Just bought a lovely 2017 Interstate Lounge with the Fusion system. The power switch does not seem to function to turn off the system with the key in running the engine or with it out and plugged in with a shoreline. Is this by design or an issue? We were plugged in and packing for our first trip when we noticed that the Fusion video display was on. We figured out that we could turn the screen off by swiping down to find the command to turn the screen off. The only way to get the radio to turn off was to put the source on something that was not active.

Any help or comment will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Con-Fusion in Colorado
ToRoark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
I don't have an Interstate, but have had four AS, now a 2017 Classic. If dealer can't help you call Jackson Center their customer service group will help and are a great group of folks.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:32 PM   #3

Parker , Colorado
Thanks.

Colorado dealers are closed on Sunday's unfortunately. Thanks for the recommendation on the Jackson center.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Hillsboro , Texas
Not sure about you new Interstate and the fusion. Usually if the main house power switch is on your radio is powered from the house batterie and will not shut down with the ignition key. You have to turn it off manual.
PSchw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:28 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Did you get an owner's manual for the Fusion system? Best I can determine it is the Fusion RV-IN801. The manual can be downloaded from this link.
https://fusionentertainment.com/life...units/rv-in801

In reading the manual it indicated the power on/off switch is the touch symbol in upper right hand corner of the display. Attached picture has red arrow pointing to this switch.

If that switch doesn't work you need to check with your dealer as there may be a problem with your unit. I noticed on the Fusion web page that they have just released a software update last month.

Hope this helps,
- - Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fusion RV-IN801edit.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	273280  
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:05 AM   #6

Parker , Colorado
Thanks.

Unfortunately, that is the button that is not operational. Thanks so much for your time posting this and I will download the manual. We got a quick start guide for the system and a few photographed pages.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:44 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bozeman , Montana
Hold the power button down for about 10 seconds to completely turn the unit off. (Unless the unit is defective and the button not functioning).
ArcherTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:02 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Charleston , South Carolina
We too had the same question after the Fusion remained on. Holding the button down for an extended period does turn it off.

One other FYI for you. I signed up for the SiriusXM service and wondered why Fusion fails to show the name or logo of each station preset as most/all other advanced systems do. The presets only show a station number. Difficult for most people to know what each station is by number. I exchanged notes with a very helpful Fusion rep and he indicated this is a future enhancement the team is now aware is needed and will be considered.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:37 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
St. Pete Beach , Florida
We have the same situation. - with a twist. If we're finally able to get the system turned off, it will turn itself back on within a few hours! Anyway, we've been told by our dealer, Tampa RV, it needs a software update that is not released yet. If anyone has more or differing information, please clue me in. It's more than a little startling when driving in silence at night to hear the radio suddenly blast in. Oh. Another thing: because it most likely has been unknowingly ON in my driveway, it has run down the battery
Perpich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 07:34 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Gallatin Gateway , Montana
Have a 2017 AI Touring and am still learning about the Fusion. Overall, seems like a great unit but a couple of things I've learned by digging thru the 'skinny' user guide and/or punching screen selections.
1) To turn the unit off, push and hold the Power icon for about 10 seconds (I did notice, however, that when I crank the AI the Fusion automatically turns itself on),
2) Make sure the software is the latest version - ver 2.8 as of this moment; if not, follow the update instructions in the manual,
3) For sure, if you have a SmartPhone, download the Connect + app and install it - you can use your iPhone/Android to control the radio (and run selected iPhone/Android apps); seems to work great but takes a little experimenting to get the right sequence of Bluetooth connection steps; once connected, it's performs well
bob323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob323 View Post
Have a 2017 AI Touring and am still learning about the Fusion. ......

(I did notice, however, that when I crank the AI the Fusion automatically turns itself on)

I looked at the 2017 wiring diagram and noticed Airstream wired an ignition signal to the radio. Guess the logic of the Fusion is to turn on when ignition voltage is present.

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:55 AM   #12

Sweetwater , Tennessee
Newish question on fusion with 2017 interstate GT

I bought a 2017 AI GT last summer and have used it 3 times. The speakers on fusion became faulty after the second trip- I thought it was just me,. But now i cant hear hardly anything, every if volume is way up on loudest setting. Very static-y and some feedback. Has anyone else experienced this? These are original speakers I believe. Wondering about a short? I have tried Bluetooth as well. Still cannot hear anything. Thanks
Captainbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:07 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

Leesburg , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainbeek View Post
I bought a 2017 AI GT last summer and have used it 3 times. The speakers on fusion became faulty after the second trip- I thought it was just me,. But now i cant hear hardly anything, every if volume is way up on loudest setting. Very static-y and some feedback. Has anyone else experienced this? These are original speakers I believe. Wondering about a short? I have tried Bluetooth as well. Still cannot hear anything. Thanks
I have the same problem, but have not found a solution. Replaced IN-801 radio, but problem (no sound from passenger side speakers) persisted. Do you ever resolve your issue? Thanks.
fstieff is offline   Reply With Quote