Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-16-2003, 08:09 PM   #1
saxonsraven

Motorhome insurance, best quotes?

Looking at the landscape for motorhome insurance I'm seeing a huge difference between high and low ground, who's got the best quotes for the east coast?
Old 04-17-2003, 05:47 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to jim8860
I live in Westchester NY. My best quote was from RV Alliance. Also Good Sams Club I think came in about the same (my dealer gave me that quote). I did have Progressive with older coach but, when I bought my LY MH RV Alliance came to me with the best price. the number to RV Alliance was 800-521-2942 M-F 6am to 4pm est.
jim8860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 10:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Exclamation Additional factors

FYI

Just looking for quotes on coverages, based on price alone, can be very disappointing, at best, when you actually submit a claim.

Take a few minutes and, review what others have to say about your apprent company of choice. Trust me, it's an eye opener~!!

badfaithinsurance

BTW, Those of you out there who are in favor of HMO in the Health Care field will be just tickled to know that "PROGRESSIVE",
is now a MAJOR leader of this "paperwork shuffle" into the Auto insurance business. (RV included).

An informed consumer is "Golden".
ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 08:38 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to jim8860
Looks like some one has spent a long time make that list. All I can say a own 6 cars/trucks + one RV, and have work with on a personal level to get paid.The 3 on the hall of shame list have paid me with no problems. The one time I didn't get paid the hall of fame did't pay the claim.Go figure.I also have a few friends that own "body shops" for them to get paid on there end most of the hall of shamers are the worst to pay.

Just my two cents.
Jim
jim8860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 01:47 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Lightbulb Reminder

jim8860

Jim, either you missed it or, I should have said.
To wit:
That list is a monthly thing, so it changes. Next month or, three month later, it could be a whole new ball game.

I've had similar experiences with my main carrier, which is "PRUDENTIAL". 99% of the time, they've paid the claim..no questions asked. Yet, look where they are on the list.

Yet, the issues as stated.. Just to simply obtain coverage without studing the company's ratings is, IMHO, asking for grief.

BTW, I also belong to 'Good Sams Club' and, the quote from their VIP Insurance Plan was so HIGH compared to Prudential's..I dropped the fone. It doesn't mean that they're a "bad" outfit but, with over twice the cost..??

Enjoyed reading your comments.
ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote