Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2003, 05:35 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Roseland , Florida
Banks System & engine cover

Hi Everyone & Happy New Year!
I am Eric Hedin, my wife Tina, daughter Kierstin and I live in our 1984 Airstream 345 motorhome and love it! We had the Banks system installed and were unable to add the new aircleaner element without modifying the engine cover. So far we have not done this as we have been living in campgrounds and it has been too cold to take on a messy open air project like this. Any suggestions for a project of this magnitude?
kooblekidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 06:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
I had the same problem for a different reason. When I rebuilt my engine I put a medium rise manifold on it and lost clearance. I took 1x2" steel tube and welded it on top. I had to split the pieces for the side to match the angle. Also has the benefit of making the cover sit flat.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	enginecover.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1180  
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote