Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2020, 09:24 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Boulder , CO
Atlas Storage Compartment Alarm

Hi everyone.
I am the new owner of a 2018 Atlas. I am getting an alarm when the coach is in gear. The control screen is showing a luggage door open, but all exterior doors are firmly closed and locked. What should I do to correct this? If I am unable to fix it, is there a fuse I can remove to disable the alarm? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
mradin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

​201​9 Atlas​
FOOTHILLS , AB
If it is a 2018, it should still be under warranty so take it back to the dealer.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:09 PM   #3
On Airstream #5

2019 16' Sport
2019 27' Tommy Bahama
2021 Interstate 19
la canada , California
I'm kind of curious if the water and electric bay door on your 2018 has a manual override to open and close the door while it's locked. If it does it may you need to be turned 90° to the alternate position.
danmiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

​201​9 Atlas​
FOOTHILLS , AB
The last pages of the owners manual has all the electrical schematics. You should be able to track it down. I suspect there is a micro switch that is misaligned.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:43 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

​201​9 Atlas​
FOOTHILLS , AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmiri View Post
I'm kind of curious if the water and electric bay door on your 2018 has a manual override to open and close the door while it's locked. If it does it may you need to be turned 90° to the alternate position.
The Atlas storage doors have no overrides.

Utility Compartment Doors
The Atlas Touring Coach has several hidden utility
hatches incorporated into the lower trim on each side
of the coach.The compartment doors have no visible
latches and are locked/unlocked using the key fob.

The utility compartment doors will lock when the lock
button on the key fob is pressed or when the touring
coach is in motion.
To unlock the utility doors quickly press the unlock
button on the key fob twice. This will unlock the cab
doors as well as the utility doors.
NOTE
To unlock the utility compartment doors at least
one cab door must be closed. If both driver and
passenger doors are opened the key fob will not
unlock the utility doors.
NOTE
Alarms have been incorporated to warn of an open
exterior compartment when ignition is started. If
an alarm sounds check the main Multiplex control
panel for a warning notification before proceeding
Old 10-31-2020, 05:59 AM   #6
On Airstream #5

2019 16' Sport
2019 27' Tommy Bahama
2021 Interstate 19
la canada , California
I beg to differ with you the water and electric utility Bay has a switch on the underside of the compartment that allows for opening of the door without the key fob. I stumbled into this little mystery while trying to fix the door because it would not lock with the key fob. After checking the electrical I noticed a spring that holds back the mechanism that is controlled by a silver quarter sized round switch located directly under the square box in the compartment that contains the latch. I was a unable to find any information in the manual about the switch. I believe it's probably a requirement because the propane shut off is located there.
danmiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2024 30' Globetrotter
Eaton Rapids , Michigan
I had a similar situation on my 2019 Atlas - turns out the generator door seemed shut but needed a harder slam. It has happened twice. The gremlinish thing is that the generator door had not been opened either time. So maybe the vehicle was parked at a slight angle and when the locks were cycled the door tilted away just enough to break the switch - even though the door looked closed.
Eatonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:37 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2024 30' Globetrotter
Eaton Rapids , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmiri View Post
I beg to differ with you the water and electric utility Bay has a switch on the underside of the compartment that allows for opening of the door without the key fob. I stumbled into this little mystery while trying to fix the door because it would not lock with the key fob. After checking the electrical I noticed a spring that holds back the mechanism that is controlled by a silver quarter sized round switch located directly under the square box in the compartment that contains the latch. I was a unable to find any information in the manual about the switch. I believe it's probably a requirement because the propane shut off is located there.

Thanks for the tip on the utility bay electronic switch override device. I checked my 2019 Atlas and sure enough it was there just as you described. Seems like Airstream should have made that capability evident in the manual.
Eatonian is offline   Reply With Quote