Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Itatiba , São Paulo
Airstream x Blue Bird

Hello friends,
I am from Brazil, my family and i love your country and th e people. I am an american muscle car collector and i want to buy a classic american rv (diesel one).
I am searching for a diesel excella and i found some wonderful Bluebirds for sale too.
Can you help me to choose one? !?!
Thanks,
Luiz
Luiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Blue Birds were cool, well-made coaches. Not as pretty as an AS Classic, though.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
I agree with Mike, Blue Birds cool, if you like the looks of a Greyhound Bus. Airstreams WAY cooler. Check out the Classifies section here. Maybe nothing today, but if you check back often, you never know what you'll find.
Good Luck, Derek
crazeevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #4

1974 31' Sovereign
Black Mt , North Carolina
Welcome Luiz hope you find what you are looking for....
ineedair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
From the Forum Classifieds
Classic Motorhomes (1972 - 1992) - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale

Newer, box-type Airstreams, definitely some diesel pushers here....
Late Model Motorhomes, Used (1992 - 2013) - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale

Diesel Airstream Classic on Craigslist
AIRSTREAM MOTORHOME 1981
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Itatiba , São Paulo
Thanks Mike, i agree too!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Itatiba , São Paulo
classic as

Thanks Derek,
I will try to contact the seller on "craiglist", the other one on "airstream classifieds" i think is sold.
By the way Derek, do you know anyone that i can contact to make an "inspection" of a rv before i travel to USA?

Again i ask you all to forgive my english mistakes.
Best regards,
Luiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazeevw View Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Luiz, if you find one in a particular area, do a search of the Forum members based on their location in relation to unit you're considering. Most will say if they are willing to go inspect an Airstream, and exactly how far they are willing to drive to go inspect.

I've had several opportunities to go inspect, but the sale both times fell apart before we could make an appointment with seller.

Good luck with your Airstream search, Derek
Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Itatiba , São Paulo
Thanks again Derek.
I spoke to the seller on the craigslist and he asked me to contact him via craigslist site, i did it and now i am going to wait for his contact because i don't know how it works!!
I hope to get good news soon then i will search for a member that can help me on the inspection.
Luiz
Old 02-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #10

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Luiz: As you're new to craigslist, I just want to caution you against sending any significant amount of money to the seller before you or someone you TRUST has seen the motorhome in person. Between dealing with someone in another language and an unfamiliar forum (craigslist) it pays to be cautious.

I haven't seen any Classic motorhome scams on craigslist myself, they usually stick to Interstates and Bambis, but they've been branching out lately so I thought it was worth the word of caution.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Itatiba , São Paulo
I really appreciatte and thank you for your advice.
Luiz
Old 02-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
I would be doubly cautious on Craigslist, especially buying something in the RV category. Scam'ers are thick on Craigslist/Ebay. I wouldn't send ANY money to anyone until someone can verify the RV's existence and condition. If someone is trying to catch you off guard, they will try anything to get you to send money via Western Union or any other money transfer organization. I must say that I had a great experience purchasing my Airstream Bambi on Ebay--The seller checked me out as much as I checked him---Great experience. As one of our great presidents said "Trust But Verify." Good luck.
mocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1992 36' Land Yacht
Grayson , Georgia
There are some deals to be found on Craigslist but caution is needed. Never bring money to the location until you've inspected the item. Never go alone and try to meet the person in a public location.

With that said, I purchased my 1992 36' LY for $2000 on Craigslist. He listed it for $5000 but when we inspected it we found more water damage then he had thought. Caught him in a weak position and jumped on the deal. I came with the cash when I went to pick it up. Gave him 20 $100 bills when he gave me the clean title and the keys. The LY was located in a public RV center so no issues with security. Changed title and registration to me the very next day.
92landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote