Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2020, 10:08 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
El Paso , TX
Airstream Sprinter Interstate rear camera

I want to replace the rear view camera on my Airstream Interstate 2017 with one that can give me a continual normal view of what is to the rear. This would mean replacing the LCD screen that is currently attached to the rear view mirror mount and the rear camera. Does anyone have any recommendations?
lrlevine117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:39 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrlevine117 View Post
I want to replace the rear view camera on my Airstream Interstate 2017 with one that can give me a continual normal view of what is to the rear. This would mean replacing the LCD screen that is currently attached to the rear view mirror mount and the rear camera. Does anyone have any recommendations?
I'm not familiar with the details of the mirror mount display on the 2017 Interstates. The display on my 2013 does give me continual normal view of what is behind my van. Does you display cycle to side views or something else?
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:46 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
El Paso , TX
My rear view camera seems to just give me a view of what is immediately behind my vehicle. I covers about 6-10 feet. I would like to be able to see what I would see if I had a normal rear view mirror. The current camera does show a left side and a right side when I use my turn signals. I don't see any adjustments to make the rear view show more info. I probably am going to add another camera to get what I need. Thanks for your reply.
lrlevine117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:54 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

St George , Utah
The best rear camera I have used on my Class A coaches is from Total Vision. It is standard on many high-end coaches. It can be aimed wherever you want using the control pad.

I don't know how you integrate it into your RV, but if you can do it, you will be very happy with it.

See the web site:

http://www.totalvisionproducts.com/products/RV.html
AtlasKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrlevine117 View Post
My rear view camera seems to just give me a view of what is immediately behind my vehicle. I covers about 6-10 feet. I would like to be able to see what I would see if I had a normal rear view mirror. The current camera does show a left side and a right side when I use my turn signals. I don't see any adjustments to make the rear view show more info. I probably am going to add another camera to get what I need. Thanks for your reply.

Is there a way to adjust the up & down angle on your rearview camera? While is doesn't correct the extreme fish-eye view, I angled my camera lens up a bit. It still includes an immediate view of what is behind me, but I can also see quite a bit farther behind when driving with a very minor adjustment up.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 02:05 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Is there a way to adjust the up & down angle on your rearview camera? While is doesn't correct the extreme fish-eye view, I angled my camera lens up a bit. It still includes an immediate view of what is behind me, but I can also see quite a bit farther behind when driving with a very minor adjustment up.
This is good advice. The camera on my 2013 Interstate can be adjusted up to see farther behind the van like a rear view mirror.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote