Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-08-2003, 03:32 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Airline Seats

Most of you have seen the post on nose art where I mentioned my installation of Airline pilot seats that replaced the barrel seats.

I have a 1985 270 MH 454 w/ Banks Power, 600 amp hour battery bank w/ inverter, new hot water heater, rebuilt 3 way refrig., sat. dish w/ plasma falt screen, new drivers seats, new Ac, new sink w/ new counter top, and new flooring. Yes I got the bug!
Here is a photo of the 727 pilot & co-pilot seats that I have restored and installed. I removed the cabinet between the seats and installed a new folding table ( in the down position). The seats have been upholstered in orginal United Airline sheepskin and leather. These new cost over $25k...ouch.Don't ask what I have in them...Please?
My next project is to install a Gear Vender overdrive.
BTW, when people ask what the monitor on the dash is I just tell them it's my Fish Finder.. Cheers
Attached Images

torin knorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Or,

Most probably, don't ask where you got them.

There is probably an ex-UAL 727 in some third world country with milk crates for cockpit seats, eh?

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:56 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Most likely...What is interesting is that there is a metal tag on the back of the seat that reads in red.. " Seat must face forward during takeoff" scary
Old 09-09-2003, 12:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Nice looking seats-- how about a close up of the new fold out table...mine needs some updating.
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 01:56 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

here is a shot of it up. the table top is from herman miller, an office furniture system it's 2'x3' costs ~ $50 used. the brackets are from haffle co. a commerical hardware co. they ran around $60 for the pair. they are HD, could have gone lighter. I still need to finish off the back side and replace the last of the orginal fabric at the sidewall.

I will send an image of the kitchen counter top I just finished
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn2681.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	3014  
Old 09-09-2003, 02:00 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Here is a shot of the kitchen counter, I replaced to top, new Frankie sink, Moen faucet and Ikea S/S shelf at the back. I also refinished the cabinets. Sanded down the orginal finish, applied 10 coats marine varnish and 2 coats of English furniture wax... It's as smooth as a baby's behind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn2692.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	3015