Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Gatos , California
Air Interstate ext.

Okay, I know you are going to think this a dumb question, but here goes. The Airstream Interstate Ext, is really tall. Where do you get these washed. I'm thinking it's not going to fit through my local car wash. Plus, we live in a small town, maybe bigger cities have places for these. Yes, No? It is a wash-it-yourself? It's going to live outside, it's going to be dirty. I'm too old to crawl on the roof to wash it.
LizabethLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizabethLane View Post
Okay, I know you are going to think this a dumb question, but here goes. The Airstream Interstate Ext, is really tall. Where do you get these washed. I'm thinking it's not going to fit through my local car wash. Plus, we live in a small town, maybe bigger cities have places for these. Yes, No? It is a wash-it-yourself? It's going to live outside, it's going to be dirty. I'm too old to crawl on the roof to wash it.
I go to my local Blue Beacon truck wash. Well, it's 35 miles away, but it's only three miles from my local Camping World store, so whenever I need to go to one, I also visit the other while I'm in the neighborhood.

But many do-it-yourself car washes have a high bay for washing trucks, with a long wand to you can spray the roof.

If you have the ability to wash it at home, you don't have to crawl around on the roof there, either; get yourself a sprayer with a long wand that will let you reach the 10' roof elevation. You may not be able to actually see what you're spraying up there, but as long as you remember to close the roof vents first, you'll still be able to wash away the bird droppings and dead leaves.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
+1 on Protagonist's comments. I wash mine in my driveway when I'm home and in the coin-operated high bay car washes when on extended road trips.
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
San Diego , California
Coin operated car wash and blue beacon (twice) when on the road.

At home I wash it myself and use an extension pole with a microfiber mit on the end. I also have a 6 foot step ladder I climb up to wash the top every 2nd or 3rd time. I also use deionized water and do not have to dry off as it doesn't leave any water spots.
Ron_CA is offline   Reply With Quote