Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2016, 07:35 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
barrie , Ontario
2016 Interstate Grand Tour bed linen sizes

Since we haven't yet had delivery of our vehicle I can't try bedding to see if standard sheet sets fit. Will a king size fitted work on the bed or do I need 2 flat sheets to make a set? Are there other options that people use. I can't imagine that it's easy to get a snug fit with a fitted bottom sheet due to the confined space. I'd like to think that I've graduated from sleeping bags. Please advise before I purchase the wrong set of sheets.
catjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
The actual size of a sofa/lounge in bed mode is a "short queen" if you don't use the two rear extension leaves. It's a regular queen size if you do use the extensions. "Short Queen" is a size rarely seen except in RVs and some boats.

Trying to fit any sheets on the sofa/bed is a royal pain because every cushion folds a different direction. This is one reason why a mattress topper (usually memory foam) is a popular addition to Interstates, because you can fit the sheets to the topper instead of to the seat cushions.

As for me, in my non-EXT 2012 Interstate, I find that a pair of Cabela's Alaskan Outfitter Cot pads (the XL size) side-by-side are a good fit for the bed, though I only use one since I travel alone and don't need the whole width of the bed. They're not very thick and they're not memory foam, but they roll up for storage and I can wrap twin-bed sheets around them easily.

Rather than fitted sheets, when I wrap a flat sheet around the topper as a bottom sheet, I use elastic "cheater" straps to hold it in place:
http://www.amazon.com/Crisscross-Adj...c+sheet+straps
Old 05-04-2016, 05:15 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Bed linens for Class B's are a challenge.

We went for several years with two flat sheets sewn together at the bottom, over a mattress pad and with a blanket.

What has worked best for years now is a comfy, washable mattress pad on the bottom, and an all season down comforter with washable cover on top.

Skip sheets altogether.

If you can find a mattress cover with elastic bands at the corner, just cut the bands off. If not, trim off the fabric and elastic that would attach to a conventional mattress....voila!

Wash the cover and mattress pad weekly, as you would your sheets.

Works great, easy to store, eliminates the frustration of trying to fit sheets to something that is not a mattress.

Maggie
Old 05-04-2016, 05:43 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
You might contact these folks....they do a great job with Airstream sheets etc...

http://www.ablifestyles.net/everything-for-airstreams/
Old 05-04-2016, 06:09 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The thing is...Class B's don't have mattresses, but cushions converted to beds.

It's the inability to tuck anything in on our beds that is the challenge.

Maggie
Old 05-04-2016, 07:13 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 39' Skydeck 390 SD
Hillsboro , Texas
We love sleeping bags. Easy to take away and store.
2 pillows 2 sleeping bags rolled up fit under the the passenger side rear cabinet snug and usually stay there driving. Leaves room for setting up the table and sit on the rear bench.
PSchw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:15 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2024 Interstate 19
Fulton , Maryland
After trying standard sheets I gave up and bought RV Super Bags. It's basically a sleeping bag with sheets held in place by Velcro. The main difference in the RV Super Bag is the different thickness of each side allowing you to adjust a bit for varying temp. We add a comforter or blanket on top if it is really cold.

I've converted my lounge bed to U-shaped twin beds so it's easier to get out of the bed in middle of the night. I also have twin size covered memory foam pads under each sleeping bag. In the morning I just roll up each pad-bag combination and secure it with a 2" web strap to convert the lounge area for casual seating. Here is photo of stored sleeping bags.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1462374933.009447.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	261869

- - Mike
2013 Lounge EXT on 2012 Sprinter
Previous: 2013 Airstream Interstate 3500 Ext Lounge
Boxster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
+1 on skipping sheets altogether. I bought some, but the only time I use them is when I'm boondocking in hot weather (southern US in summer) with no a/c and I know that I will literally stick to the couch without them. The ones that I bought are 100 percent synthetic, probably all polyester, at Walmart for less than twenty bucks a set. This because cotton becomes horribly damp in high humidity. The Walmart sheets are very forgiving on the size of the Interstate couch as they have elastic all the way around, not just in the corners.

My favorite configuration to date is to open up my sleeping bag, spread it out as flat as possible, lie on it as if it were a bottom sheet, and cover myself with one of my Rumpl blankets - either the duck down in cold weather, or the synthetic in warmer weather. Then if it gets colder than expected overnight, I crawl into the sleeping bag more in the manner of its intended design, and pull the Rumpl over that. No fuss waking all the way up to get extra bedding - I just take what's already underneath me.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote