Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2004, 02:09 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Question 1986 AS MH 345 Air Suspension

In my 1986 AS 345 MH, on the right side of the steering column, there is a pressure guage that reads "Air Suspension" w/ 0 to 120 pound range and it is mounted to the portion of the dash that hangs down ( a separate panel that looks to be part of the original dash assembly). It does not work and looks as if it may have been part of the original installation. Does anyone else have this guage? If so, any wiring connection diagram? There are several wiring connections but no tubing for actual pressure so I am assuming that there is a device that sends a signal to the guage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim
Old 01-05-2004, 02:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Gauge not installed.

Jim:

You are correct, that space is reserved for an air pressure gauge, but as far as I know Airstream did not actually mount a gauge there until 1988 or so.

The factory installed gauges were (I think) tubed directly to the active air system, so the only electrical hookup would be for the backlight.

There are a couple of other "not used" items on the dash, such as "glow plugs" (or wait to start), and "water in fuel", which are specific to a diesel installation.

It is possible that, if a PO added it, it might be an electrical send unit.

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Dennis, you may be right because it does not have any tubing to the guage. Looks like I am going to have to start pulling wires to trace out. Just not sure what all the wires ( approx. 5-6) are for. I will try to get info from the back of the guage and see if can track down some info also. Thanks, Jim