Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 1960 - 1964 Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Carmel , Indiana
Main Door Pins for 64 GT

Hi all, this is my first post on Air Forums. We are the proud owners of a very original and very well kept 64 Globe Trotter. This is our first AS and we LOVE it. I have noticed the bottom of the lower hinge pin is broken off. Something I learned from this forum that due to concerns of break ins by removing door the pins have holes drilled in the bottom of the and a retainer pin was used. Looks like it broke off there. this shorter then normal pin causes some binding of the bottom of the door hinge when the door is opened. Where can I find replacement pins for a 64? Looked at Inland and Vintage Trailer Supply but have not found anything for a 64.
AlumiDillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
Tim Eagle

1995 31' Land Yacht
Sandusky , Michigan
Send a message via MSN to tmeagle1
Not sure if you got an answer yet, I hope so, here's a link if you haven't found out where to purchase them yet: Airstream Door Hinges

Dark Nest Travels : Blog (if you'd rather read our ramblings and history)
tmeagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Carmel , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmeagle1 View Post
Not sure if you got an answer yet, I hope so, here's a link if you haven't found out where to purchase them yet: Airstream Door Hinges
Ah Thanks but I just need pins not the hinges. I found these which work really well and with the screw in the bottom of the pin there is less chance of them falling / being pulled out.

Accurate MFD Products Z4890 Architect Bolt 8 32 | eBay
AlumiDillow is offline   Reply With Quote