Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2021, 09:53 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
Longmont , Colorado
All good advice. I'm definitely not buying anything sight unseen and feel like traveling to see a thing isn't going to do me any good until I know EXACTLY the red flags I'm looking for and know how to confirm the condition of a thing when I'm looking. To that end, this thing in Pagosa Springs isn't worth a visit for me until I've looked at more trailers locally.

Part of me wants to be defensive to your post, but realistically this is all true and worthy advice. I've already moved on from that particular trailer, realizing that I really need something closer to a 23-25' trailer anyway. I'll keep looking at everything close by thats of a similar age and might meet my needs. Like any good deal, there will always be another around the corner.
eternus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 10:10 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternus View Post
To that end, this thing in Pagosa Springs isn't worth a visit for me until I've looked at more trailers locally.

<snip>I'll keep looking at everything close by thats of a similar age and might meet my needs.
Psst...in a vintage Airstream purchasing sense, Pagosa Springs IS local to Longmont. A lot of people are willing to travel great distances if they find the right vintage trailer. Good luck in your search neighbor!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:24 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Hillbilly Hollywood (Nashville) , Tennessee
Quote:
All good advice. I'm definitely not buying anything sight unseen and feel like traveling to see a thing isn't going to do me any good until I know EXACTLY the red flags I'm looking for and know how to confirm the condition of a thing when I'm looking. To that end, this thing in Pagosa Springs isn't worth a visit for me until I've looked at more trailers locally.

Part of me wants to be defensive to your post, but realistically this is all true and worthy advice. I've already moved on from that particular trailer, realizing that I really need something closer to a 23-25' trailer anyway. I'll keep looking at everything close by thats of a similar age and might meet my needs. Like any good deal, there will always be another around the corner.
My post was not directed at you or anyone else just stating my opinion from years of experience with both vintage/collectible vehicles and trailers.

I am glad to hear you will continue to look at everything that comes up for sale close to you. I also suggest looking locally at any AS trailer that comes up for sale locally whether you are interested or not. You will learn more every time you look at any AS trailer which will make you a more informed buyer when it does come time to travel.

As with anything else always do your best to git the most information on a trailer before you travel however sometimes ya just have to go look on faith and your gut! Don't become too "educated" to the point that you never go travel to look at anything because you have already made up your mind from pics and talking to the seller that the trailer is no good without really seeing it person.

It's an easy thing to do and might cause you to miss the one trailer you just might buy!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:10 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
Longmont , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
Psst...in a vintage Airstream purchasing sense, Pagosa Springs IS local to Longmont. A lot of people are willing to travel great distances if they find the right vintage trailer. Good luck in your search neighbor!

Shari
That's kind of hilarious, but I guess you're right. A friend just did a 3 hr drive up into the mountains to look at and hope to buy a 27' last week... missed his chance, someone beat him to it by 45 minutes.) I guess 5-6 hrs to Pagosa should be no big deal. It looks like someone bought that one btw, so its back to no campers coming to my house. =oP
eternus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:56 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

New Orleans , Louisiana
I bought one in very good, ready to roll condition for 20k last year, but I may have been posting a pandemic premium. Smaller ones are definitely more expensive.
saschanola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:38 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

1963 19' Globetrotter
1967 17' Caravel
1974 29' Ambassador
Top of the 395 , British Columbia
Quote:
I guess 5-6 hrs to Pagosa should be no big deal. It looks like someone bought that one btw, so its back to no campers coming to my house. =oP
That’s not too far to go and look for sure... I see you now have a 1962 GT listed in your sig. Got anything to tell us?
redthies is offline   Reply With Quote