Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 1964 Bambi II
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
1961 24' Tradewind
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Calling ALL Bambi Owners (Old, II, and New)

We visited the New Jersey Shore earlier this week and stopped in to check out Jersey Shore Haven Airstream Park even though our Bambi II is not on the road yet.

I have attended trailer rallies of various types throughout my entire childhood (including the original Jackson Centre Homecoming Rally) and have hosted 13 vintage camper rallies as an adult. While at Jersey Shore Haven, I got to thinking- how about bringing together ALL Bambis- old and new- for a rally/gathering?

I was thinking mid-Summer (perhaps next Summer) at Jersey Shore Haven in their rally field with great amenities, pool, and very close proximity to the beautiful beaches along the New Jersey coast. When I run a rally, I like to keep it simple- perhaps one potluck meal and lots of conversation and trailer tapping. MY wife would of course design an awesome logo

Anyone else interested in pursuing this? Bambis are the best and to get a field full of them would be quite a sight.

Please let me know your thoughts or ideas including ideas for dates or time of year as well as ideas for activities for such a gathering if your trailer's nameplate says "Bambi."

Ben in PA
Old 08-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
We have never been to a rally before, but I really like the idea of a Bambi rally.

The Jersey shore is a very long trek for us, but we wouldn't totally discount it.

Jeanne
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Great idea. I'd be interested. Jersey Shore Haven is a very nice campground.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Pennington , New Jersey
We took our '64 Bambi II to Jersey Shore Haven at the beginning of July. Boy was it HOT with no air conditioning. But I must say that the camp grounds were great. Very nice pool. Very nice people. Not far from the beach. We plan to return before school starts again this year.

We would love to meet other Bambi owners. Jersey Shore Haven would be a great place for it. Sometime next summer would be fantastic. I hope to have an air conditioner (of some sort) by then!
motrbungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
A bit far for us to go for a rally, but what a fun idea! We are usually called "the little guys"...but as all of us Bambi owners know, we are also "the cute ones."
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2001 16' Bambi
2013 23' International
Piedmont Region , North Carolina
A winner !!

Sounds like a rally I would attend..... Great idea. I'm usually the only one around, would be sorta like a "family" reunion. tb
tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
1961 24' Tradewind
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrbungalow View Post
We took our '64 Bambi II to Jersey Shore Haven at the beginning of July. Boy was it HOT with no air conditioning. But I must say that the camp grounds were great. Very nice pool. Very nice people. Not far from the beach. We plan to return before school starts again this year.

We would love to meet other Bambi owners. Jersey Shore Haven would be a great place for it. Sometime next summer would be fantastic. I hope to have an air conditioner (of some sort) by then!
Hello! We plan to place one of the stand alone AC units in ours like Becky did to her Bambi II. I put a standard window AC unit in our little Scotty trailer that slides out on drawer glides and made an access panel that looks stock. Worked well for us when we were down there last week!

The picture actually shows the AC unit in the rear of the trailer (while camping in Miami-Dade, FL!) I have since moved it front and it is ducted to an outlet under the front kitchen counter. Something similar could be done to an Airstream. The other picture shows the duct boot screwed to the AC unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC-for-web.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	165030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scotty-air-for-web.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	165031  

Old 08-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
1961 24' Tradewind
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
A bit far for us to go for a rally, but what a fun idea! We are usually called "the little guys"...but as all of us Bambi owners know, we are also "the cute ones."
Perhaps we could do one more central in the future...I am sorry you folks live so far away. Would love to meet you! Glad you like the idea. I think getting a bunch of Bambis together would be so cool!

Maybe we could arrange a gathering at Airstream in Jackson Centre sometime??

Ben
Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Your rally sounds like a fun idea, Ben! I'm afraid it's too far for me to trek too. Take tons of pictures if you do it!

I could probably swing Jackson Center. My DH can't ever come with in the summer (he's a vegetable farmer) & my times to get away are pretty short. I sure hope my Bambi II is finished by next summer!!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
1961 24' Tradewind
Strasburg , Pennsylvania
'61-63 owners?

I haven't heard from any original Bambi owners- would any of you be into this rally/gathering of tiny Bambi trailers idea?

Ben
Old 08-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA BAMBI II View Post
I haven't heard from any original Bambi owners- would any of you be into this rally/gathering of tiny Bambi trailers idea?

Ben
I'm in the middle of rebuilding my 62 Bambi and this would be a great way to try it out. Also some motavation to get it finished.
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote