Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
San Antonio , Texas
Shower Curtain Specifics

Our Caravel has a number of snaps across the curved bath ceiling and walls. It didn't come with a curtain as it hadn't been used in years. I've been bringing the old girl into the modern age and am nearing our first outing. Because I have no experience with this model I have no idea what the curtain is SUPPOSED to be like. Could I get some pictures or descriptions of what I need to make? Please?
Jeepers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
1965 17' Caravel
Memphis , Tennessee
I don't know if I have any pictures, I'll have to check. However I will describe as best I can. We had those snaps in ours also. When redoing the bath, I drilled out the snaps and filled in the holes. Now the bathroom is refinished with no snaps and I really don't want to ad them back. We have started using our Caravel now, and I am still trying things out and making minor adjustments as we use the camper more. There is a track that runs in the wood channel between the closets. Originally this was for a folding partition that was missing in our camper. My wife made a nice looking curtain panel in this location that hangs from this track. We have attached to the back of this nice looking panel, on the same rings, a curtain liner with plenty of length to expand out into the shower and enough width to cover the closets. For now this works for us, but it is not optimal. The curtain liner (an off the self standard one) really needs to be on a separate rod that hangs further back in the shower area about where the snaps were. I have seen someone use a bendable curtain track attached to the ceiling that looks like it might work well. I have also thought about this curtain rod that they sell at Camping World. This would have to be attached to the closets somehow.

Sorry, for the rambling thoughts, but I am trying to figure out what to do myself If you want to use the snaps as is, you will need to buy a standard shower liner and a snap kit. Simply add snaps in the correct locations to the top of your shower liner. VTS sells snaps already attached to a cloth strip. You could use this and sew the strip to the liner as another option.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
San Antonio , Texas
Thanks! I still would like to see anyone's pictures of the curtain and how they worked with the extra snaps over the toilet.
Jeepers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Curtis Wright
San Marcos , Texas
Send a message via AIM to kevinkatz
jeepers....i have a 65 caravel just like yours with snaps and have searched all over for the answer to the question you are asking but to no avail. i have just put a piece of velcro in the snap line about in line with the shower head storage place, and then another straight across from it about half way along the closet. we bought a regular shower curtain at target and put velcro on the top of it. it is only attached to the roof at the above mentioned two spots and holds firmly. the bottom falls in the shower pan and the toilet side folds in front of the toilet. it works really well and the towels can even hang above the toilet and not get wet during a shower.
this is a very simple, cheap and easily reversable solution. if you find out the real solution please let me know.
kevinkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 02:32 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Plano , Texas
This shower curtain was included with the 1965 Caravel we previously purchased:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/531162...7631706699412/

Is it original?
Thanks,
Keith
Zed2 is offline   Reply With Quote